SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CZ Scorpion EVO thoughts
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Scorpion EVO thoughts Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I sbr’d mine on a Form 1, hbi micro bbl and zhukov stock. Thinking about unregistering it so I can sell it more easily, part it out.

Posts: 426 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
The die is cast....

[IMG]

Congrats. The green looks great.

Thanks. It's gray. Big Grin

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Allen --e mail me if you have questions or if you want me to do the upgrades. Too much free time on my hands.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Allen - Shoot me an email at the address in my profile with your mailing address.

I have a YetiWurks Switchback grip and a Gear Head Works paddle mag release that I'll ship to you. Instant Karma.

https://www.yetiwurks.com/Yeti...hback-Grip_p_65.html

https://gearheadworks.com/prod...le-magazine-release/

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xmod:
I sbr’d mine on a Form 1, hbi micro bbl and zhukov stock. Thinking about unregistering it so I can sell it more easily, part it out.

Why do you need to unregistered it? You can part it all out right now since the parts aren’t registered. Even the upper, with the serial and makers info, could be sold if you wanted as someone else could use it to make a Title 1 firearm.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Allen - Shoot me an email at the address in my profile with your mailing address.

Oh man, thanks for the offer!! I already have stuff in hand or on the way though. Right now I'm waiting on an extended charging handle and those HBI handguards to come back in stock.

I may have done some payday shopping. Big Grin

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
Allen --e mail me if you have questions or if you want me to do the upgrades. Too much free time on my hands.

Thanks!! I'm in the same boat. I'm gonna start with learning all the parts, then field stripping, then watching YouTube on how to do the various parts installation. I should be fine, but thank you for the offer!!

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Cool. Enjoy your tinkering. The Scorpion is a hoot. I usually take mine to range days at my agency or the local police academy where I teach, and have probably sold at least 10 from letting various other folks shoot mine. CZ ought to pay me a referral fee. Big Grin

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I spent a considerable amount of time picking out mods for mine and it worked out 100%.

CZ Scorpion ProStock Charging Handle
CZ Scorpion EVO3 Reduced Weight Trigger Spring Kit
CZ Scorpion Duckbill Mag Release Lever - Aluminum - Black
CZ Scorpion Grip by YetiWurks - Black
CZ Scorpion EVO3 THETA FORWARD Trigger (Red or Black) - Black
CZ Scorpion EVO3 AK Style Safety Selector
CZ Scorpion EVO3 Left Safety Delete V2
SB Tactical SBT Evo Pistol Stabilizing Brace
Parker Mountain Machine Front and Rear QD Mounts

This provided an excellent safety selector, excellent trigger (face and #), easy to operate mag release, easy to use charging handle. Folding the brace, it fits into a laptop backpack. Use your sling of choice in single point or 2 point. Buy stacks of factory 20 and 30 round magazines.

Once modded, love the damn thing. Trigger is excellent now and love all the controls I've put on it, mine is setup like an AK and it's a vast improvement compared to stock. May be my favorite overall firearm due to the versatility. Once I figure out how to mount my can to it where I can detach easily for transport it may displace my Benelli M4 for HD 100% of the time.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
The more difficult tasks in upgrading the Scorpion.
1) Grip- needs a firm tap with a hammer to remove
2) Drill out bolt. Go slow, oil to reduce friction. You will need a needle nose pliers to unscrew bolt.
3) Take pictures of hammer and sear so you don’t have to refer to video. The $8 spring is the more complicated task. A small wooden dowel with a V carved in the end will capture the spring . Light oil to hammer/spring. A dab of grease will hold the small spring in place.
4) You will need a 1.5 mm Allen wrench to remove the Safety. It is loctited in place.
5) Use the correct punch to drive out the pins. A vise is helpful.
6) Same trick with grease to hold spring in place for mag release. Use a 2nd punch to line up holes.
That’s what I remember.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
No collar here! Whoop whoop!!

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I got mine when they first came out, so it started life as a pistol. I haven't done a lot of upgrades, however I did SBR it, instead of the HBI trigger spring I got the got the Franklin Armory Binary trigger(its my favorite binary). I also bought the carbine length handguard to enclose my suppressor, factory right side safety delete, a Manticore Arms Switchback charge handle which doesnt always swing closed, needs spring assist like HK and put the stock one on the right side; lastly a Bushnell MRO. Oh, bought bunch of mags, I'd like to try the MagPul mags but no need for'em.

Stock mag release works fine for me as does the stock grip ... I'd like to find a grip with storage, kind of surprised the MagPul doesn't have it.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
I got mine when they first came out, so it started life as a pistol. I haven't done a lot of upgrades, however I did SBR it, instead of the HBI trigger spring I got the got the Franklin Armory Binary trigger(its my favorite binary). I also bought the carbine length handguard to enclose my suppressor, factory right side safety delete, a Manticore Arms Switchback charge handle which doesnt always swing closed, needs spring assist like HK and put the stock one on the right side; lastly a Bushnell MRO. Oh, bought bunch of mags, I'd like to try the MagPul mags but no need for'em.

Stock mag release works fine for me as does the stock grip ... I'd like to find a grip with storage, kind of surprised the MagPul doesn't have it.

^^^^^
How reliable has your binary trigger been? Can you outrun the "bolt" so to speak like you can with an AR15?

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the FA Binary on mine after drilling out the trigger pack. Once I got through the learning cycle on the trigger, I have not been able to outrun the trigger at all.

Bonus on the MagPul mags- no issues with them
I'm running a HoloSun optic on mine.

Posts: 90 | Location: The Mitten | Registered: September 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Double thanks. I discovered 15 of them plus 10 G3 mags today as well. Productive day. Big Grin

I'm definitely going to get a binary trigger for my SBR Scorpion.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GoldieMI:
I have the FA Binary on mine after drilling out the trigger pack. Once I got through the learning cycle on the trigger, I have not been able to outrun the trigger at all.

Ditto, I've never been able to outrun it either, I think part of that is cartridge length, also its because its a blow back, there's no bolt lock/unlock, bolt travels a shorter distance, all those fractions of a second adds up.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I have two FA binaries in Scorpions. Never outrun the bolt and I can fly with them. Such a riot. I've become a big fan of binaries for fun. I bought a M&P .22 AR to put a binary in. I need to do that some day.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I've had one for a few months. Definitely fun to shoot....a lot. Regarding mods...

HBI safety and blank
Paddle mag release
Magpul pistol grip
Midwest handguard - comes with a swivel mount
HBI Reduced weight trigger spring kit and trigger
HBI charging handle
Removed flash can.

Thing gets dirtier than all hell for sure but I find I also put 400-500 rounds down range every time I shoot it.

Gear Head Works CZ folding cheek rest & Tailhook

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Coming along nicely!

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Very nice, the HBI forend does wonders to the feel of the Scorpion.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post