SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CZ Scorpion EVO thoughts
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Scorpion EVO thoughts Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
I've read most of the threads on this pistol, I was hoping some of you might have done things to yours I'm thinking I'll do to mine if I get one tomorrow..

HBI safety selectors (AK on right side, "standard" on left)
Paddle mag release, either Magpul or HBI
Magpul pistol grip
Pakse Sapper handguard
Reduced weight trigger spring
Gear Head Works CZ folding cheek rest & Tailhook

Any opinions? Seems like a hoot. Haven't even thought of what (if any) optic to use. FWIW, the one available locally is grey. Kinda "meh" about that but we'll see. Seems like when you see one in person, it's always different from what you saw online.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I've read most of the threads on this pistol, I was hoping some of you might have done things to yours I'm thinking I'll do to mine if I get one tomorrow..

HBI safety selectors (AK on right side, "standard" on left) Have this setup and love it.
Paddle mag release, either Magpul or HBI Got the HBI before the Magpul was out, regardless love it.
Magpul pistol grip Will soon be switching out my YetiWerks for this.
Pakse Sapper handguard Have the HBI k configuration handguard
Reduced weight trigger spring Yes
Gear Head Works CZ folding cheek rest & Tailhook Mine is SBR’d but love the Gear Head look on a pistol

Any opinions? Seems like a hoot. Haven't even thought of what (if any) optic to use. FWIW, the one available locally is grey. Kinda "meh" about that but we'll see. Seems like when you see one in person, it's always different from what you saw online.

I have no doubt that the various B&T, H&K, and other sub guns are much nicer, but for the $ the Scorpion is a hoot.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
HBI safety selectors (AK on right side, "standard" on left)
Paddle mag release, either Magpul or HBI
Magpul pistol grip
Reduced weight trigger spring
Gear Head Works CZ folding cheek rest & Tailhook

I have all these on my Scorpion. All well worth it.

Get the replacement trigger shoe while you're at it. You're taking apart the trigger group anyway to do the springs. Might as well.

My Scorpion is currently sporting a Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot, which is the perfect optic for it if you don't want to spend Aimpoint H1/T1 money. Nice and low, and cowitnesses with the factory iron sights well.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a few of them. the changes I made are the right side safety delete and the trigger spring. the rest I didn't feel worth it. As a brace I've been running the SB tactical evo which is fine and the SB tactical 1913 on a Parker Mountain machine end plate, which is better. FWIW>

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
the changes I made are the right side safety delete and the trigger spring. the rest I didn't feel worth it.

Those two changes, plus a different grip, are the minimum three mods I'd do on a Scorpion. Those alone take a factory Scorpion from good to great.

Anything else beyond those three is nice, but not required.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The HBI K-conversion barrel / handguard are worth it, with 3-lug. In addition to the grip, safety, and SB tactical brace.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I have an EVO S2 Micro with the telescoping SB arm brace. Aftermarket replacements items include a ProStock charging handle, Delta trigger, reduced spring kit, Mini AK safety selectors, Duckbill paddle mag release, all H.H Industries stuff, along with a YetiWurks grip. Plus a bunch of PSA 35 rd mags. It is an extremely fun gun to shoot. I heard they discontinued it recently and replaced it with a model with a folding brace instead.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16677 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the Gear Head Works right side safety, HBI reduced weight trigger spring, HBI duckbill mag release, HBI charging handle, Yeti Wurks Switchback grip, CZ Custom disconnector, and a HK Parts 3-lug muzzle

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
That thing in FDE is sexay. LOL

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I did the right side safety delete and HBI trigger set. I prefer crossbolt safeties, like on hunting weapons, so I'm thinking of buying a CZ custom crossbolt safety and ditching the lever. Extra mags too. The safety and the trigger are all you need. It's really a well designed weapon.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
HBI replacement trigger, spring, charging handle,paddle release, right safety delete and grip.
Did 3 Scorpions- got good at it. You do have to drill out the trigger pack. You need a 1.5 mm Allen wrench for the safety delete. I did polish the hammer while apart.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Drill out the trigger pack?

Oooooh, I see. So if mine is newer, I should not have to do this, correct?

Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Nope
Newer models have a spot weld on the trigger pack that has to be drilled out.
And putting that trigger spring under the catch is a royal pia- use the wooden Q tip to compress the spring.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I bought my Scorpion in mid-2017, and I didn't have to drill mine. But 2016 and early 2017 production did require drilling. I'm not sure if they've resumed welding since then.

But yeah, the trigger spring is a bitch. After trying for several minutes, I ended up rigging up a simple jig from some wood blocks to help manage it.

What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Drill out the trigger pack?

Oooooh, I see. So if mine is newer, I should not have to do this, correct?

Drilling the trigger pack is super easy. Bought the bit from HBI and used a hand drill. Almost impossible to mess up.

The trigger spring did take some dexterity, to say the least.

Posts: 2009 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
I have the EVO carbine. I swapped the pistol grip and added a foregrip. Running a COMPM3 on mine for a dot.

It is a REALLY fun little rifle to shoot.

Whenever this is over, check with ATR or Gun Runner here in Fairmont. They may have some in stock.

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
I also sent my trigger pack to Shooters Element to polish the trigger. It was only about $45 and I thought it was worth it.

Posts: 1217 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Bought my EVO back in 2015 or 16 and I have lost track of all the different things I did to it. I do remember the first thing I did was drill out the trigger pack. Then I got lucky and won a trigger and HBI trigger spring kit. I added a barrel cooler, mag release lever, barrel compensator, rail covers and an AK style safety lever on the right side and a Magpul pistol grip.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2086 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
The die is cast....

What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
The die is cast....

[IMG]

Congrats. The green looks great.

Posts: 2009 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post