SIGforum
Long Gun for RV

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/8540045174

June 28, 2020, 03:53 PM
c1steve
Long Gun for RV
You read more of the detail than I did, you are correct. I had been under the impression that they were in the trailer when this happened.

Yes, only thing that would have saved them is more situational awareness and a gun at their side.

-c1steve
July 05, 2020, 11:16 PM
mlazarus
My 50 state legal rifle is a lever gun, preferably in 44 magnum. It doesn't attract unwanted attention. They can be reasonably accurate, 44 magnum delivers the goods at most self defense distances, and is available in a wide variety of loads at most Wal-Mart/hardware stores.

Ignem Feram
July 08, 2020, 11:33 PM
CAPT29
Go to the RCMP web site. It gives you all the info you need to legally carry a handgun in your vehicle-unloaded and cased, but with comparatively little aggravation. Canada requires more than a 4" barrel to be in the "little aggravation" class, hence Ruger and most other US makers using 4.2" barrels on that class weapon. The one I use is a Ruger Redhawk .45 Colt/.45ACP combo revolver. It can be out of the case and in action if needed,very quickly, particularly using moon clips.
BTW, minimum barrel length for Canada shotguns is 18.5", has been for a while. A coach gun will cause you no more trouble than a 30" goose gun.
Been through Canada several times in R/V and boat with both those with no problems, just remember to get your paperwork in order ahead of time, and is asked, your guns are for target practice. Carrying guns for defense in Canada is considered very bad form and is considered illegal.

The Islamic terrorist express: Go directly to Allah, do not pass hell.