SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Best place to buy AR 15 mags
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best place to buy AR 15 mags Login/Join 
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
FWIW, here is my take on magazines for the AR:

If you plan on doing a good amount of training with your AR, get some polymer (MagPul, etc) magazines for training.

Why polymer for training?

The reason being that if you do a lot of training, chances are you (or someone else in the course) is going to step on one of your mags. Poly mags can deal with this abuse better than the metal mags.

For long term storage of loaded magazines, you are probably better served with using the aluminum USGI magazines (D&H, OKay, etc).

The above is solely based upon my experiences and direct observation.

As always YMMV, prices higher in AK, HI, & PR. Void where prohibited, etc, etc...

Posts: 1294 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
I've purchased 20rd & 30rd M3 PMAGS and Lancers mostly from DSGarms.com They always seemed to have the occasional 10-pack deals of the 30rd M3s and Lancers and when I could, I ordered them.

I recently bought around a handful of FDE Lancers that are transparent like the smoke ones, just because they looked great with my FDE AR. Big Grin

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1045 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
PSA has pMags on sale quite often for under 10 bucks each. You can find Lancers for 12 to 13 bucks on sale. You can get GI mage for 7 bucks if you look at PSA, cdnn, or similar....

Buy Em cheap and stack em deep.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know where I could purchase those great NHMTG mags with Magpul followers that 44mag.com used to sell? If they’re not available any longer, what’s the equivalent quality of next best thing that includes the same follower? Thanks!

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris17404:
Does anyone know where I could purchase those great NHMTG mags with Magpul followers that 44mag.com used to sell? If they’re not available any longer, what’s the equivalent quality of next best thing that includes the same follower? Thanks!

Here is the backstory -

"The NHMTG brand name is going away, but not the magazine. As you may know, Ronan Corp has been distributing Okay Industries magazines to the commercial market under the NHMTG brand name for the past 15 years. These are the same magazines that Okay has manufactured for the US military for more than 40 years. We will continue to offer the same high quality magazine, but now they will be sold under the Okay SureFeed name, and be available with both the traditional mil-spec gray dry lube finish, as well as a black PTFE (Teflon) coating."

So Okay Surefeed mags are what you want. I have both and they are identical aside from the name stamping.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much!

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Primary Arms and GunMagWarehouse are the two vendors I buy from most often. I've settled in on Gen3 Pmags and Okay Surefeeds, but I did by some 20rd lancers for my 300blk pistol.

Posts: 828 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post