SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What is better than a Daniel Defense DDM4V7P?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is better than a Daniel Defense DDM4V7P? Login/Join 
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted
A free DDM4V7P!

Thanks to the Friends of the NRA, I won the pictured DDM4V7P in a raffle to support the local yearly dinner. So, not exactly free but, $40.00 for the two raffle tickets I purchased.

Chambered in 5.56 x 45 with a 10.3” barrel, it now sports a Vortex Razor AMG UH1 holographic Sight, a set of Troy Industries iron BUS and a Geissele SSA trigger.

Looking forward to shooting it over the weekend.

Picture or it didn’t happen picture.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Oh man!!! What a win!!

I have a DDM4v7s - the 11” version that preceded the “p” version. I absolutely love mine, as im sure you will love yours!! It is such a solid rifle. Youre about $1980 ahead over mine! Big Grin

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
How do you like the lunchbox on top, I mean UH-1? Wink

Sweet 'pistol'! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
How do you like the lunchbox on top, I mean UH-1? Wink

Sweet 'pistol'! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

The “lunch box” was a prior purchase that was in the bottom of my “bag o’ stuff”. Thought I would give it another try. Smile

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Wink Just messing with you - I'm just amazed and how big it is / or looks. I'm sure it works great, but Vortex obviously didn't look at form factor much when they made that.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Man, as much as many like to hate on DD for dumb things their CEO says, they make one of the top tier rifles out there......

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Moved from Pistols.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Hot diggity! Congratulations and enjoy!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Arc, thank you for moving the post, my bad.

I agree with jljones, regardless of their CEO, Daniel Defense manufactures an excellent product as proven to me by my DDM4 MK 12, V11 Pro, ISR and DD 5VI, in addition to my latest acquisition. Yes, I am a Daniel Defense fan for long guns.

As Rhino pointed out, and correctly so, the “Huey” is huuuuge. But it performed very well. Granted, I only got to shoot at 25 yards today. It balanced well on the V7P. If any drawback the Huey is not a clear (white) lens optic. The coating Vortec uses makes the view slightly grayish, versus an Eotech, which is the best way I can describe it. However, I prefer a circle dot or segmented-circle dot optic for rifles, which the Huey has. I refuse to use an Eotech for reasons stated in other posts on this Forum.

The Troy Industries irons are the best on the market in my opinion. They performed flawlessly and are a perfect co-witness with the Huey.

The Geissele SSA was outstanding in the V7P but, I am also a Geissele trigger fan, so my opinion is biased. The SSA came out of my SIG MPX, which Mr. Geissele strongly suggests you not use in an MPX. A question of not if it wii fail but when. I replaced the MPX trigger with the original SIG MPX trigger and trigger bridge. I also shot the MPX today, Mr. Geissele please come out with an MPX trigger soon! Big Grin

All in all, a great $40 investment! Smile

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Amen brother..
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Man, as much as many like to hate on DD for dumb things their CEO says, they make one of the top tier rifles out there......

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a DDM4V7s 11" that has been absolutely flawless in the deserts of NW Kenya and Somalia. Put a Primary Arms ACOG with ACSS on it and it is near perfect for dealing with the nonsense from S. Sudan and Ethiopia.

Posts: 629 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Amen brother..
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

While I agree that most of their products are pretty good, ( I have some parts and items from there, ) what people kinda seem to miss here is that their CEO didn't just put his poorly thought out support, ( as well as asking for the support of his customer base at the time, ) behind an anti-2A bill. He runs the company and therefore, that same thought process, ( or lack of ) is at work in every aspect of that company. Perhaps it's worth putting some in-depth consideration toward this.

Congratulations to the OP for his good fortune! I'm glad your range trip with it went well.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I have it's big brother 16" M4V7 in battleship gray, love it.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post