SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    25 Round Pmag for AR-10.....any good?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

25 Round Pmag for AR-10.....any good? Login/Join 
Picture of Billy346
posted
So, since Gander Mountain is closing its doors, I had a couple gift cards to burn up. Since their ammo was overpriced (even though they are going out of business), I loaded up on Mags, which were on sale. (Sort of.)

I bought five of the 25 round Pmags, thinking they were the 20 round versions. I don't know anything about the 25 round versions since most people seem to buy the 20 round versions. Do any of you guys have them? Have you had any problems with them? Thanks.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I have several. No issues with any of them. Just as reliable as the 10 and 20 rounders, so far.

The 25 rounders also have windows, which some people find to be handy. The 10 and 20 rounders do not.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Biggest issue with 25rd 7.62x51 PMAGs is 25 rounds of 7.62x51 ain't light. Wink

I have seen plenty of positive reports about them on other forum and can't recall seeing anything negative - not once.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
They run just as well as all the others.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive got a couple of the 25 rounders for my Aero Precision M5 and have had no issue with them cycling at all. To follow up on Rhinowso comment...they are heavy when they are fully loaded and I wouldnt recommend running your AR 10 in 3 gun or anything like that with them....

Posts: 583 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never had any issues with 25rd Ar-10 PMAGs

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never had any issue with mine but the extra weight makes them move around more in the magwell, which bothers me.

Doesn't seem to matter in function but I still don't like it and so I just use 10 and 20's.

Posts: 221 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
They dont work as well as 20 rounders for me.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Mine work just fine. As a matter of fact, probably 80% of my 308 mags are 25 rounders

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post