SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger 77/22 Target Stainless - Rifle Basix Trigger Review pg 4
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 77/22 Target Stainless - Rifle Basix Trigger Review pg 4 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I can't see the photos, using:
- I7 chip laptop at work
- I7 chip tower at work
- an older laptop at home, or my I7 work laptop at home
- Samsung smartphone

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bolt head shims

?

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Also not seeing the photos here at home or on my cell phone.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Bolt head shims

?

https://triggershims.com/ruger_m77.html#S77.25

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I looked at the address in quote reply ... its the longest link I've ever seen for a picture and if I copy it into a new browser I get the same no traffic emblem as I do in the post.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
I'm just hosting from my Google photos page, which has worked previously but apparently not for all. Well shit. Time to use another hosting site.

I ditched Photobucket because I HATE their site. Also not huge on Flickr or any others that try to be their own social media engine. Thoughts?

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Killer Instincts:
I'm just hosting from my Google photos page, which has worked previously but apparently not for all. Well shit. Time to use another hosting site.

I ditched Photobucket because I HATE their site. Also not huge on Flickr or any others that try to be their own social media engine. Thoughts?

https://postimages.org/

Now let’s see that rifle.

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Baron Flynt:
https://postimages.org/

Now let’s see that rifle.

I'm another fan of Postimages, but I was a fan of Photobucket until they pulled their Prescription Drug style price hike ... I especially liked being able to copy the link with the img tags built in.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
posted Hide Post
Baron Flynt, thank you. Photo quality seems to have taken a hit being converted to 800x600, technical difficulties notwithstanding...

Here is its final configuration with Leupold MK4 LR/T mounted:

Best group using Federal Champ 36 Gr el-cheapo bulk pack, 5 rounds, 50 yards:

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Very nice! (Now that we can see them. Wink )

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
posted Hide Post
They showed up fine for me... Wink

Seriously, wish I'd have known that nobody could see the pics. Thanks for saying something.

Ride the lightning
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Bolt head shims

?

https://triggershims.com/ruger_m77.html#S77.25

egregore, the shims help keep headspace constant from shot to shot by eliminating the wobble between the bolt body/locking lugs and the free-floating bolt head. I immediately noticed better groups after removing .004" of play in mine. She locks up tight now.

Rifle Basix trigger finally shipped, hallelujah. I let my dad shoot it a bit the other day and he kept thinking he'd forgotten to switch off the safety... he hadn't. It's just that heavy.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Killer Instincts:
Seriously, wish I'd have known that nobody could see the pics.

A psychologist could probably do a study into why no one wanted to be the first to say something. At least one other member has an avatar that doesn’t show up except as the “do not enter” symbol, and he probably doesn’t know it either.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That's a beautiful rifle there, Killer Instincts. That group is pretty nice, too! Big Grin

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
posted Hide Post
Why thank you sir. I can't wait to put a trigger in it!

posted Hide Post
Several 22LR steel matches now on the front range. Lots of fun! Any interest I'll post links.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How are you liking the rifle basix trigger???

My 77/22 is needing an update, I’d like to try that trigger if you see a good improvement. I’ll probably also get rid of the 2-7 leupold I have on it and get a vx freedom rimfire 3-9.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
posted Hide Post
Offgrid, that would be great! I'm not sure I have the free time but it can't hurt to look.

newmexican, I haven't actually gotten it yet. It's supposed to show up on Tuesday but I probably won't have time to install it until late the following week. I will definitely report back with my findings.

posted Hide Post
A couple front range matches.

https://practiscore.com/search...ry=boulder%20rimfire

To shoot this one have to sign up through practiscore.

https://forum.snipershide.com/...y-july-20th.6951309/

This match show up and you're shooting it.

The Boulder COF is a little easier and can shoot at all target distances to get good dope before the match, 50-225yds. Both will take about 5hrs.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
posted Hide Post
Thanks offgrid. I live outside of Boulder at the moment, so that one may end up working for me. Sounds like fun!