SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Which scope should I keep?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which scope should I keep? Login/Join 
posted
I have an SWFA SS 1-4 HD currently on my 18 in AR, and I recently acquired a Vortex StrikeEagle 1-6 for a great price. I only need one and was wondering if the magnification advantage of the Vortex outweighs the optical clarity of the SWFA. SWFA doesn’t make the 1-4HD anymore if that maters. Which one would you keep?

Posts: 630 | Registered: September 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I'll take an optically superior lower magnification scope over a higher one that nots as clear or bright. Unless the 4x is somehow hindering your ability to do waht you need, Id keep the SWFA.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
The obvious answer is the extra scope is the first part of the new build.

Seriously I’m not familiar with either scope, what’s the new price and would the price required to sell it(used price) really be worth unloading?

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I vote to keep both (unless it's a matter of needing money)...whichever you choose to keep on the rifle, just put the other safely in storage, it will be there if you need it or change your mind.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely the SS!!! The Vortex StrikeEagle is the least impressive Vortex I have ever looked through. Good glass trumps magnification ever time. Plus if you ever dial in your correction you will be very happy you kept the SS.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post