SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    A SIG Unicorn, PE-90, Just Sold on GB!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A SIG Unicorn, PE-90, Just Sold on GB! Login/Join 
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted
It's not mine, but I sure as hell wish it was.

This just sold in front of my eyes as soon as I discovered it. Absolutely gorgeous and rare as hell:
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/673685198

For how rare this beastie is and with the Meili Safety Case included, the price of $11K is not bad at all.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Fantastic price, actually. A 550 / 551 pair went for $20K earlier this month and they were used. A brand new in case PE-90 for $10xxx? NUTS.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Sweet rifle, shame its resigned to a life of sitting in a box.

Gimme a case of ammo and 30 minutes - I'd pop it's cherry in short order!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I'd shoot sloppy seconds!

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I have zero clue as to the actual market value of these rifles. It looks utterly superb, though. West Coast Armory has had a presumably used one on their website for twice what this one sold for, albeit with a few extras.

http://www.prebanarmory.com/sig-pe90-rifle-2/

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
Pretty dang good deal Smile

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1520 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is an outstanding price.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Mmm... $10k maybe be half of $20k, but I have a hard time with the notion that $10k for a semi auto stamped sheetmetal gun without some amazing historical provinonce is a fantastic price. I don't care how rare they are in this country. Big Grin

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fnforme
posted Hide Post
Where did one sell for $20k? I thought pricing on these had actually come down a bit after the recent Swiss imports and LE trade ins that hit the market years ago. I recall seeing a 550 sell in the $7-8k range a few years ago.

Posts: 3419 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle, but it's nowhere 10,000 dollars worth of beautiful to me.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I'd trade em a "custom" midlentrh AR and $150 for it.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6252 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it's great price for today's market on SIG SAN rifles, parts, mags, and accessories. For some reason everything is unbelievably expensive even with the current imports from JDI. Absolute price gouging on GB these days...

Posts: 436 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Beautiful rifle, but it's nowhere 10,000 dollars worth of beautiful to me.

ditto

I get that people buy and collect firearms that are rare, special, or pleasing to them. That's not me. For my needs in competition and target practice, this rifle's capabilities are less than the current ones I own. Furthermore, my combined investment in 3 ARs, optics, mounts, bipods, and replacement barrel is likely less than this one Sig.

Someone will buy the PE-90, and I hope they will be happy with their investment. My money goes elsewhere.

Posts: 7852 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
There's only 10~15 or so of these in the country, or so they say.

I'm really surprised that it only sold for what it did, the market really is dead right now, bad time to be selling.

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darkest2000:
There's only 10~15 or so of these in the country, or so they say.

I'm really surprised that it only sold for what it did, the market really is dead right now, bad time to be selling.

It's clear the buyer is a trophy hunter, not simply a meat hunter. He jumped on this PE-90 like white on rice. He knew exactly what it is and what it is worth, to himself at least.

What can be discerned is that the buyer is an FFL/SOT from Illinois and currently has a SIG AMT for sale on GB. I would assume that an FFL/SOT is well aware of the market/collector value of a PE-90. Maybe he wants it for himself or just maybe he has a customer who wants it.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I think I read here that "safety case" requires that you remove the bolt carrier / charging handle to fit it in the case.

I have always thought the various factory SIG hard cases are cool.

Would love to have a 550/PE90 one day.

HK Ag

Posts: 3495 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's an exceptionally well made AK-47. It's also at an evolutionary dead end.

I enjoy shooting mine and it's a neat addition to the reference library.

Posts: 363 | Location: North Coast | Registered: October 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I think I'd snag a 553, 551, and 751 together from JDI long before I'd jump on that. Very cool though.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heckler
posted Hide Post
I picked up my 550 four years ago for $9500. It came mint with all the trimmings. I managed to get the seller to go $1000 down in price.

I'd say anyone spending this kind of coin, definitely knows what They want. In my case, I'd wanted one of these forever, and thought nothing of using some stock market gains to snag one.. And for a pretty good price, considering..

Then lightning struck twice and at the Louisville gun day show, a seller had a SIG 550 Sniper rifle, with mounts/scope/accessories for $12000.. I had paid up to half, only to find some parts of it missing. I therefore backed out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: heckler,

Posts: 227 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Mmm... $10k maybe be half of $20k, but I have a hard time with the notion that $10k for a semi auto stamped sheetmetal gun without some amazing historical provinonce is a fantastic price. I don't care how rare they are in this country. Big Grin

I will second this opinion. It's a Battle Rifle designed to be made as quickly and cheaply as possible while meeting some specific performance standards.

I also do not understand all this hooplah about "pre ban". Come on, which ban are they referring to, the Gun Control act of 1932, the 1968 amendment, the 1986 amendment concerning Full Auto sales to civilians, or the later Horny Bill ban on "Evil Black Rifles" that was allowed to expire because it didn't do diddly for reducing Gun Crimes.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post