SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    A SIG Unicorn, PE-90, Just Sold on GB!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A SIG Unicorn, PE-90, Just Sold on GB! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Yes. I,d be happy to answer any questions.

Posts: 7 | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I don't remember, what was the final price in the original auction?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
I don't remember, what was the final price in the original auction?

That last PE-90 went for $10K and for some reason, a lot of people thought that was a lot of money.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed. $10K is a lot of money, but $10K was very very inexpensive for a true PE90 such as this.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nitzel:
Agreed. $10K is a lot of money, but $10K was very very inexpensive for a true PE90 such as this.

Please email me through the forum.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2318 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heckler:
Yup.. right you are.. the PE-90 (which is "Privat Eisenfuere" in german - forgive the spelling) is usually a SIG 550 which was previously issued to individual swiss soldiers.

Steven, PE means "Privateigentum" (one word) = private property -> the Swiss government does not own the rilfe anymore OR it´s a privately purchased service type rifle.

"Private Eisenführer" would translate to Private Iron Leader Wink.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes. I,d be happy to answer any questions.
Thanks. What's SIGforum's commission on your sale?

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If someone from this forum (member for at least a year) buys the PE90, I'll donate $100 to the forum.

posted Hide Post
quote:
If someone from this forum (member for at least a year) buys the PE90, I'll donate $100 to the forum.

I believe you missed Para's point entirely.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
???

quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
quote:

I believe you missed Para's point entirely.

posted Hide Post
You are new to this board so here are a few pointers to help:

- Parabellum runs the board on his own dime and does not solicit, expect, or accept donations. Over the years, many have offered but none was taken. Para asking what the SIGforum commission would be is a huge warning that you're not doing something correct. (next point)

- If you are selling something on SIGforum, use only the Classifieds section and - very important - do not have the item for sale on or in any other source. Dealers are the only exception.

- Being a member of this forum is more than just inhabiting the Classifieds and selling stuff. Like I said, you're new so you'll probably get some grace but new members whose first post(s) is about selling something are viewed in a dim light.

Hope this helps and that you'll be a regular and positive contributor!

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roger that.

First, my apologies for not adhering to your board rules.

Second, I came across this thread about my particular rifle after running a related internet search. My only intention was to update the members here that it was again for sale since the OP's thread sparked some interest and discussion.

Third, based on your advice, I'll retract my offer re donating to the board financially. However, I hope to contribute with my time and limited expertise and knowledge when I can.

That's it for now...

quote:
You are new to this board so here are a few pointers to help:

- Parabellum runs the board on his own dime and does not solicit, expect, or accept donations. Over the years, many have offered but none was taken. Para asking what the SIGforum commission would be is a huge warning that you're not doing something correct. (next point)

- If you are selling something on SIGforum, use only the Classifieds section and - very important - do not have the item for sale on or in any other source. Dealers are the only exception.

- Being a member of this forum is more than just inhabiting the Classifieds and selling stuff. Like I said, you're new so you'll probably get some grace but new members whose first post(s) is about selling something are viewed in a dim light.
O
Hope this helps and that you'll be a regular and positive contributor!

posted Hide Post
^^^
Well posted. You're gonna be fine on this forum.

Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^
Well posted. You're gonna be fine on this forum.

I didn't realize Para has an official spokesperson now Wink

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post