SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New Primary Arms T-Wannabe side by side with SIG Romeo5
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Primary Arms T-Wannabe side by side with SIG Romeo5 Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted
I wanted to do this off the rifle but the Primary Arms sight arrived the morning I went to the range.
So I picked it up on the way.
It was crowded being three days from the start of deer (gun) season & the afternoon of Black Friday.

But here they are for your visual comparison.
The dots are identical for both, crisp & sharp.

I will say the finish on the PA - MD-RB-ADV is that semi-gloss ish black that just doesn't seem to match. I oiled the base in an attempt to get them closer.
They're both on the same brand absolute co-witness T-1 style mount.
Didn't know if anyone was looking at the new MD-RB-AD but I noticed there wasn't many photos of them when I did a Google search.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These were the 2 contenders for my current .300 BLK pistol build. I pulled the trigger on the PA black Friday blem for $69. Crazy price and I won't change the mount anyway.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I grabbed one of the PA Blems too.

Grumpy - Do you happen to know if the Tango Down IO Cover for the H1/T1 will fit on either one of those clones?

(I'm not a fan of bikini covers.)

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I grabbed one of the PA Blems too.

Grumpy - Do you happen to know if the Tango Down IO Cover for the H1/T1 will fit on either one of those clones?

(I'm not a fan of bikini covers.)

I'm going to order one for this in FDE to go on one of my 300blk pistols.
So I'll let you know when I find a deal & order it.
It's my understanding that they do fit but I'll post pics.

* was that one of the blems that had the base fitment issue?
I didn't see that offer soon enough to snag one. Frown
I wanted to put one on the CX4 .

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep. The manufacturer machined the bases incorrectly on a batch, so they sold them for ~55% off yesterday. ($70)

They won't work with H1/T1 mounts, but come with both a low mount and a 1/3rd riser.

I'm going to use the low mount and put it on my CZ Scorpion Evo.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
To answer my own question: The IO Cover won't fit on the PA optic. It's just a bit too long. You can stretch it over the optic with a bit of work, but then the cover is so misshappen than the two lens covers won't stay shut, defeating the whole purpose.

Guess I'm stuck with the bikini cover.

Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, well that sucks.
I think in that case I'll order one of the Airsoft TD covers & see how they fit.
I'll risk $9 to see.

I did add a Romeo5 to my 7.5" & one to one of my 16"ers.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

posted Hide Post
I just picked up my "blemished" Primary Arms microdot from their warehouse today...and couldn't be happier. Would I be happier with an Aimpoint or Sig, who knows, but for 75 bucks after taxes I aint gonna complain! When I popped my sights up it appeared to closer to a full co-witness than a lower 1/3, I will check again tomorrow.

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.

Posts: 359 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My PA "blem" arrived today. Plain black box, surprised it had battery installed already. Emitter is visible in the lower right corner, minor annoyance. Tossed it to my wife, she said wow it is really clear. Agreed, glass looks good, minimal tint.

All in all, killer RDS for $75 shipped and I'd pay $149 for the non blemish version without hesitation. My MD ADS is still going strong on a lightweight build I did last year.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Plot twist: Turns out the Tango Down IO Cover does fit on the PA optic after all (sorta).

There are two versions of the IO Cover for the H1/T1. IO-001 (Gen 1) and IO-003 (Gen 2). They're nearly identical, but not 100% identical. The one I tried yesterday was the Gen 1. Today I tried the Gen 2, and surprisingly, it worked. (Sorta.)

It's still misshapen and stretched out, and looks goofy as hell. But the covers snap over the lenses, and spring back out of the way when removed, which is really all that matters.

It'll do until a better solution comes along. At least I'm not stuck with bikini covers.

Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Photos ???

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Primary Arms makes a very good product for a low price. I have a Micro on a Marlin .44, and it's a good match.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
FYI- the Blems are back on sale !!!

Lower 1/3 co-witness

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GrumpyBiker,

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

posted Hide Post
Crazy good deal for anyone happy with the factory low mount or included PA riser.

Mine works great so far!

Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Mine is on the way.
$73 shipped !

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I couldn't pass up the blem model, will either go on my 300 blackout or my MKIII, my first Primay Arms red dot.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Plot twist: Turns out the Tango Down IO Cover does fit on the PA optic after all (sorta).

There are two versions of the IO Cover for the H1/T1. IO-001 (Gen 1) and IO-003 (Gen 2). They're nearly identical, but not 100% identical. The one I tried yesterday was the Gen 1. Today I tried the Gen 2, and surprisingly, it worked. (Sorta.)

It's still misshapen and stretched out, and looks goofy as hell. But the covers snap over the lenses, and spring back out of the way when removed, which is really all that matters.

It'll do until a better solution comes along. At least I'm not stuck with bikini covers.

I’m using a Tangodown IO cover IO-003 on my Holosun HS503G and it fits very well. I still cut out the top with a sharp exacto so that I could reach the push buttons more easily.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
My Blem MD-AD-RB (SP) arrived.
I pulled the low mount from one of the Romeo5s.
The holes certainly do not line up.
I was interested in what exactly it was that made the T-1 mounts incompatible.

In case anyone else was wondering.....

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Here's the Romeo5 & MD-AD-RB on the same mount.
I think the Romeo looks better.
The turret caps are a lot larger on the MD-AD-RB.
But while I don't care for the look they're much easier to use for adjusting the dot than the little caps on the Romeo.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%