SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    10/22 Scope for distances 100yd +
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10/22 Scope for distances 100yd + Login/Join 
posted
I am looking for recommendations on a scope for my 10/22 which has a Kidd receiver & Tacsol barrel. Accuracy is good but not on par with my CZ455 that sports a Nightforce SHV. I currently have a Nikon 3-9 w/ BDC on the 10/22.

I am planning on trying to shoot longer distances with this rifle (out to 200yds) but it is mainly used to teach my nephews shooting at closer distances. I shoot mostly from prone.

Here’s my requirements:

Under $700
MOA reticle (I can do mils just fine but prefer MOA)

Focus down to 25 yds (or lower) - also prefer to have parallax knob not adjustable objective

No BDC reticles

SFP or FFP - open to suggestions

Variable Magnification - up to 14-16x if possible

I’ve looked at the budget scope thread for the 10/22 and nothing there looks interesting.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd give the Mueller 8-32x44 with the target dot reticle a good look. Way under your budget, focuses down to 10 yards w/side focus parallax. Eye box is a bit fussy at higher magnification and it's a long scope, but heck of a bang for buck. I even know a guy who has one sitting in a box that would probably let you test drive it if you wanted. Smile
Whatever the decision, plenty of vertical adjustment will be needed.

Posts: 220 | Location: ATL | Registered: June 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I've got one of these on one of my ARs. I really like it for the money.

Athlon Optics , Argos BTR , Riflescope , 6-24 x 50 ~ MOA & FFP

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Asked a similar question on the Rimfire Central website some time ago the advice I received was the Weaver Classic T-Series model 849974; retails for 765.99.

849974 36 x 40 AO/SunShade Matte 1/8 MOA Dot $765.95

Weaver T-Series

This is what I use for a 10/22 I have. It came with a Tasco scope and I wanted a better scope. This is the rifle, but with the Tasco scope.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Clem Eastwood
posted Hide Post
SWFA supersniper

Posts: 2068 | Location: North Texas | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post