SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Old Aimpoint Comp M vs. new PRO?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old Aimpoint Comp M vs. new PRO? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
I've got an old Comp M (as in I bought it used well over 10 years ago) on an M4 that I want to repurpose. It's currently in a GG&G ring, but I'm curious if the Comp M is the same thing, more or less, as the PRO. Will a newer mount designed for a PRO fit a Comp M?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yes, they will use the same 30mm mounts.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Yup. I have two PROs and one Comp. Same mounts.

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Larue makes a really nice forward cantilever throw lever mount. The LT129

Posts: 266 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dubagel:
Larue makes a really nice forward cantilever throw lever mount. The LT129

Indeed.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an old comp m myself.
Would anyone happen to know the battery life on them?

Posts: 286 | Location: midwest | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Aimpoint maintains links to their discontinued models.

Mine is a Comp M3 which they claim has a 50,000 hour life on setting 7.

https://us.aimpoint.com/product/aimpoint-compm3/

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogrobber13:

Not exactly sure, but I think for the comp M is 1000hrs, M2/ML2 = 10,000, PRO = 30,000, M3/ML3 = 50,000, M4/M4S = 80,000, T1/T2/H1/H2 = 50,000.

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogrobber13:

Battery life in the M is similar to the M2, 10,000 hours depending on the setting.

The primary difference between the M and the M2 is the M2 is brighter at the highest settings.

Early in the GWOT the M had issues washing out in bright sunlight combined with conditions of light background like snow.

I have a Comp M I purchased new in 1998 or 1999 which is still going strong.

The M, M2, M3 and PRO allure the same mounts.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post