SIGforum
Affordable Bore Scope

This topic can be found at:
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/8470073954

July 28, 2019, 09:02 AM
El Cid 92
Affordable Bore Scope
Been following the discussion about a new borescope that is hitting the market. As some are aware the Hawkeye is $700-1000. The alternative Lyman is about $300 but image quality is not so good.

Teslong Borescope

The discussion and pictures I have been reviewing is over on Snipers Hide. The members there tend to be brutal in reviews but this product has held up to that scrutiny.

Full disclosure - I will be ordering shortly but have not seen this unit personally.

Andrew



Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.
July 28, 2019, 10:57 AM
maladat
For 50 bucks, if reviews are even halfway decent, I can't see any reason not to give it a try.
July 28, 2019, 04:40 PM
NikonUser
quote:
Originally posted by El Cid 92:
Been following the discussion about a new borescope that is hitting the market. As some are aware the Hawkeye is $700-1000. The alternative Lyman is about $300 but image quality is not so good.

Teslong Borescope

The discussion and pictures I have been reviewing is over on Snipers Hide. The members there tend to be brutal in reviews but this product has held up to that scrutiny.

Full disclosure - I will be ordering shortly but have not seen this unit personally.

Andrew


Just to make you green with envy. I have an Hawkeye borescope. I won it at a match some years back. Cool
July 28, 2019, 04:56 PM
low8option
quote:
Originally posted by El Cid 92:


Full disclosure - I will be ordering shortly but have not seen this unit personally.

Andrew



When you do order let us know how it works as this is something I could sure use.



Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment
July 28, 2019, 05:31 PM
El Cid 92
quote:
Originally posted by NikonUser:
quote:
Originally posted by El Cid 92:
Been following the discussion about a new borescope that is hitting the market. As some are aware the Hawkeye is $700-1000. The alternative Lyman is about $300 but image quality is not so good.

Teslong Borescope

The discussion and pictures I have been reviewing is over on Snipers Hide. The members there tend to be brutal in reviews but this product has held up to that scrutiny.

Full disclosure - I will be ordering shortly but have not seen this unit personally.

Andrew


Just to make you green with envy. I have an Hawkeye borescope. I won it at a match some years back. Cool


I have many words for you... none polite!!!

But seriously, congrats on winning a great unit.

Andrew



Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.
July 28, 2019, 08:25 PM
NikonUser
quote:
Originally posted by El Cid 92:
quote:
Originally posted by NikonUser:
quote:
Originally posted by El Cid 92:
Been following the discussion about a new borescope that is hitting the market. As some are aware the Hawkeye is $700-1000. The alternative Lyman is about $300 but image quality is not so good.

Teslong Borescope

The discussion and pictures I have been reviewing is over on Snipers Hide. The members there tend to be brutal in reviews but this product has held up to that scrutiny.

Full disclosure - I will be ordering shortly but have not seen this unit personally.

Andrew


Just to make you green with envy. I have an Hawkeye borescope. I won it at a match some years back. Cool


I have many words for you... none polite!!!

But seriously, congrats on winning a great unit.

Andrew


Sorry, I just noticed that half my answer is missing for some reason.

After my snooty remark, I had said that I had bought one of those camera things at the end of a flexible tube and tried to use it. It was pretty poor; in this case, there is no substitute for optics and resolution. I was very pleased when I won that Borescope and the difference in clarity compared to my camera probe is like night and day.
July 31, 2019, 06:32 PM
offgrid
Friend picked one of these up. Messed with it today. Works great, resolution excellent! So much easier to use then a Hawkeye type borescope, viewing the image on a screen. Snap a picture before and after cleaning.... Got one on order.
July 31, 2019, 06:54 PM
KMitch200
Too bad that model doesn’t do iOS.
I could use the laptop but would prefer using my phone or iPad.
Very tempting for only $50!


--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.
August 12, 2019, 06:22 PM
El Cid 92
OK guys..... I finally got the borescope listed above. Quality wise it is pretty damn good!!! I used it side by side with a Hawkeye and there were some issues but not many (think Schmidt & Bender vs Vortex). For $50 you aren't throwing away money.

Now....that being said. I'm positive, I was better off not knowing what my barrels looked like from the inside. If you get this unit, you are definitely jumping down a rabbit hole. Now I have all these images of firecracking, copper deposits, carbon fouling, ect…. dancing around in my head. And this is off a new 6 Dasher barrel that shoots about 0.4 MOA all day long!!!

I'd definitely recommend starting off by viewing an unfired, clean barrel if you have one laying around. That'll get you used to using the camera. Right is left and up is down.

Next go to a fired but clean barrel for a comparison. Then finally to a barrel that tends to get neglected occasionally (we all have one that gets overlooked).

As far as the Win vs iOS concern..... the larger screen of a laptop seems to be better and allows the computer to make some auto adjustment (HDR pics). The scope is a tool that I'll use at home on the bench....so I don't mind the larger screen of the laptop. And I can save the pics to a file for future comparison. I don't bash Apple products but I don't see that the world is always divided Win vs Apple.

As I stated before.... for $50 you can't go wrong.

Andrew



Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.
August 13, 2019, 01:48 PM
benny6
Ordered mine yesterday.

Tony.


Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-01 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com
August 14, 2019, 09:06 AM
KMitch200
Thanks El Cid!
Kind of...I think you just cost me 50 bucks! Wink

I can see that looking at the erosion would raise concerns but the only way to not have it is to not shoot that barrel.


--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.
August 16, 2019, 01:17 AM
benny6
Here are a couple of videos from the one I received today. The forward looking feature works best with a dirty barrel. Both of these barrels are new and unfired.






Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-01 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com
December 17, 2019, 08:31 AM
El Cid 92
Wanted to provide an update.

Scope was working great. Teslong Customer Service sent out (free of charge) a new 90 degree mirror housing unit. The original glue wasn't holding that well.

Pulled the unit out of the case to attach and discovered that leaving it coiled in the case had caused the unit to fail.

Contacted Teslong Customer Service.... New unit was shipped along with new various sizes of mirror housings.

Used a length of 1/2 PVC piping to make a storage housing for the scope. Added foam tape inside of the end of it to protect the camera.

Still a great product.

Andrew



Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.
December 17, 2019, 10:12 AM
benny6
Thanks! I'll check mine too.

Tony.


Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-01 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com
December 17, 2019, 07:34 PM
cruiser68
Thanks for the feedback......just cost me $50!
December 18, 2019, 06:56 PM
SIGfourme
I went with the Teslong 150. At $99- the screen is attached. Very good picture. Did a quick look into a Gemtech Trek suppressor on a Geissele upper. I could see everything, especially the lint I left in the barrel.