SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    BEst place to buy Nikon scopes???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BEst place to buy Nikon scopes??? Login/Join 
posted
I want to pick up a Monarch 3 1-4 for a 375HH I have.

Im wondering if there is anywhere out there that has them at a discount or free shipping or anything like that as I' on a tight budget for this one and dont want to break the bank.

thanks!!!

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
Have you tried Amazon? If youre a Prime member I’m sure they have it with free shipping.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Older Nikons are better quality than new ones, just say'in Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old rugged cross,

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I just installed a Vortex 1-6 on my Weatherby DGR in 375 Weatherby magnum.
Seemed like a good fit for a big magnum.
I have not tried it yet.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a leupold vx2 2-7x33 I was going to pu ton this rifle but the scope is too short to fit in the talley quick detach rings.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try to find a Nikon preferred dealer, that can do Nikon Direct (no distributor, I guess). I just got an M-Tactical .308 BDC 4-16 for $359, which is about $90 cheaper than Amazon wants.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
Try to find a Nikon preferred dealer, that can do Nikon Direct (no distributor, I guess). I just got an M-Tactical .308 BDC 4-16 for $359, which is about $90 cheaper than Amazon wants.

Interesting, Ill look into that.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
I just installed a Vortex 1-6 on my Weatherby DGR in 375 Weatherby magnum.
Seemed like a good fit for a big magnum.
I have not tried it yet.

Those are nice, Im really hoping to keep this in the 200 dollar range, it looks like natchez has some refurbished ones and they often run random discounts off optics so Im looking at them at the moment.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I might have a Nikon you might be interested. Let me check on the details. Older Nikons are better quality than new ones, just say'in Wink

If you have something like a 1-4 let me know.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I got a great deal at CDNN.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
I got a great deal at CDNN.

thanks Ill check them out.

Also, whats up with "refurbished" nikons??? reliable??? still have a warranty???

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Check out Primary Arms out of Houston.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
newmex, I checked and what I have is a 1.5-4.5x20 It is an older Nikon optic marked made in Japan. Gloss. Beautiful and excellent condition. I only own the older Nikon made in Japan models. Every one is excellent.

Let me know if interested and I will figure out a price. If not, no issue. Thanks, orc

I’m interested. I believe the current version is made in the phillipines.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Check out Primary Arms out of Houston.

Will do, thanks for the suggestion.

posted Hide Post
SportOptics.com. Great deals and good service.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
SportOptics.com. Great deals and good service.

Sold out at sport optics but they are good, I got a few meopta meopro 3-9s from them a bit over a year ago for 350.00 each and free shipping.

posted Hide Post
If anybody cares,

The scope I’m looking for will go on a Weatherby Vanguard dangerous game riflenin 375HH. I foolishly sold off a leupold vx3i 1.5-5 to get something else then decided I’d settle on a leupold vx2 2-7x33. Unfortunatly the vx2 is a bit too short to fit my rifle with the rings I’m using, talley sent me an extended rear base but I’m not all that interested in putting anything at all over the ejection port on a dangerous game rifle so I’m back to safari style scopes but on a limited budget as we are trying to buy a house and another car as well as a boat.

The rifle in question has had the barrel chopped to 21” and the sights re installed as well as a timney trigger. I plan to use this for a grizzly bear hunt as well as sort of a boat/camp/moose gun when out in the hinterlands. Also, my dad has been talking about a plains game hunt somewhere in Africa for years and it’s looking like the idea is getting a bit more traction so I’d take this rifle with me.

The reason I’m looking for this Nikon is because they are in my price range, I wouldn’t have to buy larger scope rings like I would if I got a weaver classic extreme AND from everything I read, this particular Nikon scope has a good reputation for taking punishment on big rifles.

posted Hide Post
Check out the Leupold Freedom 1.5-4. Especially the dimensions. It might fit and is under $300. I sent an ancient 3X M8 back for a physical and Leupold said they couldn’t do much with it so they’re sending me the Freedom 1.5-4. If it gets here soon I’ll give you a report.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
You can try Bear Basin or Primary arms

Posts: 2303 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m interested. I believe the current version is made in the phillipines.

This soured me on spending to much money on their stuff. I would buy a prostaff for a plinker. But not serious money. I know many who will argue so lets not turn this thread in to one.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post