SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Has anyone on the forum bought any B&T USW, KH9, or APC556?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone on the forum bought any B&T USW, KH9, or APC556? Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
Nice! The Sub Alpha is my favorite carry pistol! I had another Subcompact and had also solved the sight problem with an adjustable sight but it was stolen out of my FJ. I bought some night sights and installed them on the sub but they still shoot too low. I wonder if they are only for compacts.

I just happened to have one of these from 10-8 Precision. After reading of other's success, I had it installed and it worked perfectly. It shoots right on with 115-147 grain ammo for me.

https://www.10-8performance.co...ow-mount-rear-sight/

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Thx for the tip! I’ll give it a try.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I handled one the other day at my lgs and they are nice considering trading my mp5 vector clone in on it. they had it set up with a tail hook brace they brace is kind of spendy.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Yeah nothing about them is cheap. Crazy we have join dates just 3 days apart! I actually joined much earlier but lost my old sign in login. Used to be Mars.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Hey, what hand stop do you have on the GHM9C?

quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I bought a B&T GHM9 this weekend and put fifty rounds through it without a hitch. Quite accurate, even though I really couldn't get a clear look at the front sight. The trigger is heavy, but the cleanest I've shot of this type. Also, I've switched the charging handle to the other (left) side and this makes it much easier to manipulate.

Once I get a Trijicon MRO (green) for it, this should make a really good shooter. I'll be doing the paperwork to make this an SBR this week and will probably get a nice "can" for it in the near future. I've got to say that even though it's more expensive than Sig and CZ offerings, I love the Swiss build quality. Here's a pic of how it looks now with the BUS being used and the (all steel) brace extended.

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've got the standard hand stop that came with the gun for right now. I might put a vertical grip on it after it's registered as an SBR. As you can see, it's pretty much set up with everything I need except my SBR stock (factory B&T folder has been purchased for only $125.00, but got to wait for my stamp), and a suppressor. Note that I bought a B&T Three Lug adapter and a B&T Vortex flash hider. When I get a suppressor, it'll be real easy to switch from the flash hider to suppressor and back. Not sure yet which suppressor I'm going to get, but whatever it is, I expect it's going to take awhile for the docs to process on that!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
quote:

I've got the standard hand stop that came with the gun for right now. I might put a vertical grip on it after it's registered as an SBR. As you can see, it's pretty much set up with everything I need except my SBR stock (factory B&T folder has been purchased for only $125.00, but got to wait for my stamp), and a suppressor. Note that I bought a B&T Three Lug adapter and a B&T Vortex flash hider. When I get a suppressor, it'll be real easy to switch from the flash hider to suppressor and back. Not sure yet which suppressor I'm going to get, but whatever it is, I expect it's going to take awhile for the docs to process on that!

Noted! Cool

How do you like the B&T Vortex Flash Hider? The 9mm version was hard to come by for quite some time, but I'm still having a hard time 'pulling the trigger' considering the B&T price tag! Wink

ETA - How the hell did you get the Scalarworks LEAP MRO to mount on your B&T? It's an interference fit on my KH9 due to the width of the receiver adjacent to the Picatinny Rail. Per Scalarworks, the LEAP MRO will NOT mount due to the dimensions of the B&T Receivers!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Just finished shooting about 250 rounds of mixed ammo; including PMC 115 FMJ, Federal 147 grain HST (standard pressure) JHP, 147 grain Winchester “T” JHP, 124 grain Blazer “brass” FMJ, and 147 grain Blazer “brass” FMJ truncated cone rounds. I had two failures to chamber. Both were the 147 grain Blazer brass rounds. With ALL rounds, the gun shot accurately, and I’ll post a pic later.

The new flash hider and LEAP MRO mount worked fine. The LEAP makers said the first version of the GHM9 had some slightly different dimensions from the updated (JHP compatible) Second Generation models (like mine), and they’d refund me my purchase price if I had any problems. While the later was so tight that I had to remove the BU rear sight to slide the mount on to the rail (instead of just dropping it on from the top), it DID secure properly and held zero. Not much room there though, and I might swap this mount with another MRO mount I’m using on another gun.

https://imgur.com/a/3xHcdoH