SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Has anyone on the forum bought any B&T USW, KH9, or APC556?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone on the forum bought any B&T USW, KH9, or APC556? Login/Join 
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
For me the difference is the construction of the GHM being an Aluminum upper vs the plastic CZ upper and build quality. I know it isn't out yet but judging by quality on current production B&T it'll be a nice, solid piece IMHO. That said, I've seen some great looking setups with those EVO's, especially the shorter setups and a Bird in the hand...
I'm still waiting for the GHM to go with my APC9.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Don't know how I missed this but it appears they have redesigned the GHM9 from a top charging handle to a side charging handle just like the APC9. At a $1300.00 price point it just keeps getting better and better.

https://www.google.com/amp/www...inally-official/amp/

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
Yep, their design of the GHM9 makes it much more interesting imho. I have a feeling either that or an APC9 will be joining my P26 in the next few years.

I'm loving B&T's attitude lately, just throwing new designs out left and right, and seemingly making them well in the process. I'll pay a small premium for that. As a company, I hope they do well, far too little innovation these days.

Posts: 831 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
A little birdie told me the APC308 is in trials but not completed trials yet. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
A little birdie told me the APC308 is in trials but not completed trials yet. Big Grin

I think that little birdie sings pretty and speaks the truth.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
The GHM 9 is in stores now. At under $1300 I will have to have one.

Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Yeah, this will have a full time Saker on it. I love my Wilson Combat with VG6 Epsilon on it but its not pleasant for anybody else.

How long have you been running the ar9? I’ve been suffering through a build off of an already sbr’d ar lower, and can’t seem to get it running reliably with a colt mag block running Uzi mags, or a glock block with ets mags. Are these just a mostly reliable niche gun, or is there a path to a reliable hd gun?

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
AR9's are temperamental. I had issues with it the only time I've had it out but I think it was ammo-related.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Apparently I'm more of a fan than I realized. The GHM9 is now hitting stores and in stock in some stores. I went to my local dealer to see if they had one I could check out but they're on the way.
Here is a video of one from Atlantic.
https://youtu.be/HNnUjX0Lh44

Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
How does the GHM9 compare to the APC?

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
The APC has a higher profile bolt similar to the Bren and Scar whereas the GHM is not as high above the bore axis. I'm not sure if the bolt weight is less but I'd be interested to weigh them. The APC has a hydraulic buffer where the stock attaches and the GHM has a similar hydraulic buffer attached to the rear of the bolt. The GHM also borrows the dual spring behind the bolt, the APC uses a single spring behind the bolt. The sights on the GHM9 has a means to sight even when the sights are folded. From afar they remind me of Magpul folding sights. The GHM also uses a minimalist type of stock like the TP9 and USW uses. The APC uses a UMP style folding stock, a collapsing stock, and a folding brace made by SB. Initially, the GHM9 borrowed more of the designs of the KH9 and Spectre with a Uzi style charging handle on top of the receiver and I believe they may have tried to use the double action trigger of the KH9 but I'm not sure about that. They changed the charging handle to one just like the APC charging handle. The GHM9 uses the same proprietary mags that fit the APC9 and TP9 and the lower for all intents and purposes looks the same as the APC9 except for the attachment points. The GHM9 has both a three lug barrel and a threaded barrel for attachment of suppressor whereas the APC only has a three lug.

It'll will do the same job the APC will do but it's yet another well made Swiss semi auto 9mm Carbine at a much better price point between $1200-1300. I'd like to compare the recoil impulse between the two as I suspect the GHM9 may have less movement and a slightly different impulse than the APC but not enough to write home about. I have seriously enjoyed my APC9 so much I'm coming back to the B&T trough. Here is a disassembly video of the GHM9.

https://youtu.be/Sg_4yD4W8O0

Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
quote:
The APC has a higher profile bolt similar to the Bren and Scar whereas the GHM is not as high above the bore axis. I'm not sure if the bolt weight is less but I'd be interested to weigh them. The APC has a hydraulic buffer where the stock attaches and the GHM has a similar hydraulic buffer attached to the rear of the bolt. The GHM also borrows the dual spring behind the bolt, the APC uses a single spring behind the bolt. The sights on the GHM9 has a means to sight even when the sights are folded. From afar they remind me of Magpul folding sights. The GHM also uses a minimalist type of stock like the TP9 and USW uses. The APC uses a UMP style folding stock, a collapsing stock, and a folding brace made by SB. Initially, the GHM9 borrowed more of the designs of the KH9 and Spectre with a Uzi style charging handle on top of the receiver and I believe they may have tried to use the double action trigger of the KH9 but I'm not sure about that. They changed the charging handle to one just like the APC charging handle. The GHM9 uses the same proprietary mags that fit the APC9 and TP9 and the lower for all intents and purposes looks the same as the APC9 except for the attachment points. The GHM9 has both a three lug barrel and a threaded barrel for attachment of suppressor whereas the APC only has a three lug.

It'll will do the same job the APC will do but it's yet another well made Swiss semi auto 9mm Carbine at a much better price point between $1200-1300. I'd like to compare the recoil impulse between the two as I suspect the GHM9 may have less movement and a slightly different impulse than the APC but not enough to write home about. I have seriously enjoyed my APC9 so much I'm coming back to the B&T trough. Here is a disassembly video of the GHM9.

Thanks for info. Much appreciated. Do you see any benefit of the APC over the GHM?

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amurr:
quote:

Thanks for info. Much appreciated. Do you see any benefit of the APC over the GHM?

Unless you really dig the UMP type design, I don't think their is any advantage functionally but then again I haven't yet handled the GHM9 in person. The APC is their flagship and worth every penny but if I were not able to put $2000+ together for an APC and didn't "have to have" the APC, I'd go with the GHM9. The owner of B&T has a thing for the 9mm Subguns of the 1980's but he does them right.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Was able to thoroughly check out the GHM9 at my favorite dealer who had just received two. I put money down on one to chuck it in layaway. The only downside is there isn't a decent brace option right now. I'll do a review once I get it home and give it a chance at the range.

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I bought a B&T GHM9 this weekend and put fifty rounds through it without a hitch. Quite accurate, even though I really couldn't get a clear look at the front sight. The trigger is heavy, but the cleanest I've shot of this type. Also, I've switched the charging handle to the other (left) side and this makes it much easier to manipulate.

Once I get a Trijicon MRO (green) for it, this should make a really good shooter. I'll be doing the paperwork to make this an SBR this week and will probably get a nice "can" for it in the near future. I've got to say that even though it's more expensive than Sig and CZ offerings, I love the Swiss build quality. Here's a pic of how it looks now with the BUS being used and the (all steel) brace extended.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pulicords,

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Nice, you got the compact AND the sliding tail hook brace! I have to admit I keep thinking about swapping my APC9 for the APC 9K Pro, especially since a US Army unit picked the full auto version. I currently have the APC9 and GHM9 that I sent in to get the hollow point modification since it was an earlier model. Same stock/brace set up as your GHM9 Compact and the folding Stock/brace with tail hook on the GHM9. I’ve changed the GHM9 sight to a low ADM mounted MRO. I’ve also added a Stribog A1 Gen2 with a folding brace and an MRO. I need to get a picture of that.

I still have a Sphinx bug even though the Swiss side has gone belly up and Kriss’s active involvement seems to have slowed at best. Phoenix is the new Swiss Sphinx and it looks great so far. I still haven’t been able to put hands on a USW but I’m drawn to it like a crackhead to low income housing for its next fix.

posted Hide Post
Not quite the APC556 but I have the APC300 and I'll be damned if its not a fantastic gun. Shes a fat, pricey little piggy but 100% reliable and quite accurate. As a bonus my 9mm can threads on and shoots subs pretty softly to my ear. The action feels like its on bearings and the telescoping brace makes it a great backpack gun.

My only regret is that the charging handle reciprocates but i'll just have to roll with my thumb tucked in.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
I still have a Sphinx bug even though the Swiss side has gone belly up and Kriss’s active involvement seems to have slowed at best. Phoenix is the new Swiss Sphinx and it looks great so far. I still haven’t been able to put hands on a USW but I’m drawn to it like a crackhead to low income housing for its next fix.

I own a Sphinx SDP Subcompact Alpha too and (as you can tell) still respect Swiss quality, even though Sphinx and Kriss did owners no favors with their poor service. It took some internet sleuthing, but I discovered a rear sight fix for the too low POA/POI issue and now my SC Alpha actually shoots where its supposed to!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Nice! The Sub Alpha is my favorite carry pistol! I had another Subcompact and had also solved the sight problem with an adjustable sight but it was stolen out of my FJ. I bought some night sights and installed them on the sub but they still shoot too low. I wonder if they are only for compacts.