SIGforum
Bear Creek Arsenal in North Carolina gets raided by ICE...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/8460021354

February 06, 2019, 07:21 PM
Bisleyblackhawk
Bear Creek Arsenal in North Carolina gets raided by ICE...
You hear about these things happening at chicken processing places and carpet mills...not firearm manufacturing outfits...BCA has had issues with QC swings in the past, this might explain things...

https://abc11.com/30-people-ta...ord-company/5122017/

Approximately 30 people were taken into custody by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement at a manufacturing company in Sanford on Tuesday morning.

It happened at Bear Creek Arsenal.

The Lee County Sheriff's Office said it was the result of an ongoing investigation by ICE into identity theft and fraud. An ICE official told ABC11 that action was the result of a federal search warrant and not immigration enforcement.

ICE clarified Wednesday that 25 people had been arrested on criminal charges related to "an ongoing criminal investigation." Two other individuals were arrested for civil immigration violations.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet
February 06, 2019, 08:16 PM
Rinehart
That certainly is interesting. I had picked up a few side-charging receivers from them a few years ago and on the last one I discovered the bolt carrier key wasn't staked properly.
But they took care of it promptly and had me shipped a replacement within a week.
February 06, 2019, 08:35 PM
92fstech
I have a 6.5 Grendel barrel from them. It's a POS. Can't get it to group better than 2.5" at 100 yards, and it opens up significantly from that as it warms.

Iirc, the 5.56 barrel on my son's bargain basement build is also from them. It has been acceptable for it's intended purpose.
February 07, 2019, 12:24 AM
HCM
I wonder what BATFE’s licensing division with think about a firearms manufacturing company which is complicit in aiding illegal aliens committing felony identity theft.
February 07, 2019, 12:57 AM
Il Cattivo
I wonder what we ought to think about illegals not only taking skilled jobs from Americans but doing so where the only real risk they face is being deported to Mexico where the only market for those skills is supplying the drug cartels with more weapons. Somehow I don't think ATF really considers any of that a priority.
February 07, 2019, 05:03 AM
sourdough44
That is crazy. I was in the market for a basic Grendel upper a few months ago. I saw a BCA Upper at a gunshow, but passed and went with a mail order PSA 18”.

This may set them back a bit.
February 07, 2019, 11:12 AM
WCCPHD
They started as Moore Machine AR-15's. They had a reputation as making pure junk. They changed the name to Bear Creek and kept making junk. Most people in this area would not take a lower or completed gun from there if it were free.
February 07, 2019, 11:17 AM
DJ_Boston
I just received a 10.5" complete upper from them, literally a few days ago. Low opinions of the members here aside, I am glad I got it before this happened. would have been a pain to get stuck in limbo on an order, and have to get the money back on the card.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar
February 07, 2019, 03:54 PM
RHINOWSO
When you don't have enough for PSA, you buy Bear Creek.....
February 08, 2019, 09:34 AM
DJ_Boston
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
When you don't have enough for PSA, you buy Bear Creek.....
Razz figured better to learn on something that may show issues. am building the psa lower first so I learn what to avoid in building the AP lower.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar
February 10, 2019, 12:36 PM
JoshNC
quote:
Originally posted by HCM:
I wonder what BATFE’s licensing division with think about a firearms manufacturing company which is complicit in aiding illegal aliens committing felony identity theft.

Reading various articles about this, it seems that Bear Creek is not at fault. They did their due diligence, completed I-9 forms, verified identification per the requirements on the I-9 form. The investigation was into ID fraud. Illegals who used fraudulent SSN, IDs, etc to remain and work in the US. Sanford, NC has a huge Latino immigrant population due to the agricultural jobs in that area. Most of them are likely not here in the US legally.

I personally wouldn’t own anything they make/sell. Even my friends who believe PSA makes quality ARs would not own Bear Creek. But let’s not jump to say they knowingly hired illegals without proof.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald