SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    March Scopes & SCAR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

March Scopes & SCAR Login/Join 
posted
Age is a b*tch. I seem to remember someone asking me if a March scope could be damaged by the recoil of the SCAR. I vaguely remmember saying that I didn't think so, but that I would check at SHOT since some of the March engineers would be in the booth.

The answer is that March scopes are not allergic to the SCAR in any way. One of the guys in the booth has a SCAR-17 topped by a March scope (of course) and he's been whaling away with that rig for s few years now and no issues. I also checked with the chief engineer and he pretty much laughed at me for even asking that question.

I can see a SCAR with a nice March compact 1-10X24 SFP or the 1-8X24 FFP. They are true 1X scopes. Later this year, there will be a 1-10X24 FFP.Apologies to whomever asked me the question for forgetting the provenance.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
Hey thanks for following up on that question! I really do appreciate it. As it happens, I was perusing the March website today as a matter of fact. They certainly are impressive optics in that they offer such great magnification range at amazingly light weight and compact dimensions. I have no doubt they likely have great image quality and excellent turrets as well.

I am looking forward to the new models to be released this year.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I learned a great deal more about optics and how March (and I suspect others) do things in riflescopes. I'm going to add some of that information to the stickied thread thus sharing this knowledge with the folks here.

I'll be starting that in a few days; need to finish SHOT and get back home.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belgian Blue:
Hey thanks for following up on that question! I really do appreciate it. As it happens, I was perusing the March website today as a matter of fact. They certainly are impressive optics in that they offer such great magnification range at amazingly light weight and compact dimensions. I have no doubt they likely have great image quality and excellent turrets as well.

I am looking forward to the new models to be released this year.

I apologize for totally forgetting where the question came from.

But in my defense, I did remember the question and I hope that counts for something.