SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    With all the Key-mod and M-Lok handguard fads, it's interesting to see BCM offers the new QRF.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

With all the Key-mod and M-Lok handguard fads, it's interesting to see BCM offers the new QRF. Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
So...since I kept a few of my cheese graters around I'm a trendsetter right?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing there are a lot of people with a lot of stuff that fits rails, not whatever flavor of the month loc is hot right now. I know I'm one of them and I can't be the only one.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Ive built and bought an AR in the last month, both with full quad rails. One I needed the all the rails, the 2nd I preferred the size of the quad rail with Ergo covers on them. Another trend in rail land is to get them as slim as possible and I supposes I just don't prefer slim rails.

I have decided MLOK for my other rails as it seems like it will eventually, if it hasn't already, become the more popular option.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Key-Mod, I have M-LOK. I have my old Picatinny rail. I don't really care what one it is, as long as it is quality. I prefer lightweight, as I don't want to lug anything heavier than I have to.

My favorite handguard is the BCM KMR, I like it's lightweight and thiness. I have both the original and Alpha.

Besides the QRF, BCM is introducing a M-LOK rail also.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder how the weight compares to some of the Key Mod and MLok. Looks like they have drilled out a lot of metal between the rails.

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter01:
I wonder how the weight compares to some of the Key Mod and MLok. Looks like they have drilled out a lot of metal between the rails.

Looks like this new quad rail is roughly 40% heavier, compared to their most popular Keymod handguard.

BCM's KMR-A Keymod handguard weighs 8.6 oz total in the 10" configuration (with mounting hardware)

BCM's QRF Railed handguard weighs 12.1 oz total in the 10" configuration (with mounting hardware)

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
I don't have a real dog in the fight between keymod or mlok, but full quad rails are just unnecessary and heavy.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the one thought that comes to mind is that it might add a bit of comfort to shooting a .308. Other than that, what gets clamped to a side or bottom rail that really needs a mounting surface so stable that only a handguard with machined-in rails will do?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post