SIGforum
With all the Key-mod and M-Lok handguard fads, it's interesting to see BCM offers the new QRF.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/8450006134

October 10, 2017, 10:34 PM
With all the Key-mod and M-Lok handguard fads, it's interesting to see BCM offers the new QRF.
https://www.bravocompanyusa.co...9a&mc_eid=e3b6cead90

Q

October 11, 2017, 05:44 AM
mbinky
So...since I kept a few of my cheese graters around I'm a trendsetter right?
October 11, 2017, 07:41 AM
SgtGold
I'm guessing there are a lot of people with a lot of stuff that fits rails, not whatever flavor of the month loc is hot right now. I know I'm one of them and I can't be the only one.

October 11, 2017, 08:00 AM
WARPIG602
Ive built and bought an AR in the last month, both with full quad rails. One I needed the all the rails, the 2nd I preferred the size of the quad rail with Ergo covers on them. Another trend in rail land is to get them as slim as possible and I supposes I just don't prefer slim rails.

I have decided MLOK for my other rails as it seems like it will eventually, if it hasn't already, become the more popular option.

October 11, 2017, 09:30 AM
ARman
I have Key-Mod, I have M-LOK. I have my old Picatinny rail. I don't really care what one it is, as long as it is quality. I prefer lightweight, as I don't want to lug anything heavier than I have to.

My favorite handguard is the BCM KMR, I like it's lightweight and thiness. I have both the original and Alpha.

Besides the QRF, BCM is introducing a M-LOK rail also.

ARman
October 11, 2017, 11:26 AM
straightshooter01
I wonder how the weight compares to some of the Key Mod and MLok. Looks like they have drilled out a lot of metal between the rails.
October 11, 2017, 11:43 AM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter01:
I wonder how the weight compares to some of the Key Mod and MLok. Looks like they have drilled out a lot of metal between the rails.

Looks like this new quad rail is roughly 40% heavier, compared to their most popular Keymod handguard.

BCM's KMR-A Keymod handguard weighs 8.6 oz total in the 10" configuration (with mounting hardware)

BCM's QRF Railed handguard weighs 12.1 oz total in the 10" configuration (with mounting hardware)
October 11, 2017, 08:37 PM
IndianaBoy
I don't have a real dog in the fight between keymod or mlok, but full quad rails are just unnecessary and heavy.
October 11, 2017, 10:07 PM
Il Cattivo
Yeah, the one thought that comes to mind is that it might add a bit of comfort to shooting a .308. Other than that, what gets clamped to a side or bottom rail that really needs a mounting surface so stable that only a handguard with machined-in rails will do?