SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    LWRC International SMG-45
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LWRC International SMG-45 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Got my stamp back and made some other tweaks. B&T APC stock, ADM mount for my Holosun, replaced the MBUS pros with the offset version, and Obsidian 45 can.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Nice! Cool

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Got my stamp back and made some other tweaks. B&T APC stock, ADM mount for my Holosun, replaced the MBUS pros with the offset version, and Obsidian 45 can.

Why put offset irons on a SMG/PCC with a red dot?

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2317 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoshNC:

Same reason that anyone puts backup sights on a gun with a powered optic. Optic doesn’t work, no sights otherwise. The sighting position is so low due to the low stock that standard height sights are blocked by the top of the optic housing, so the optic would have to be removed to use the standard backup sights it came with.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Same reason that anyone puts backup sights on a gun with a powered optic. Optic doesn’t work, no sights otherwise. The sighting position is so low due to the low stock that standard height sights are blocked by the top of the optic housing, so the optic would have to be removed to use the standard backup sights it came with.

Yeah I understood why you have backup irons. That needs no explanation. It’s the offset irons that are puzzling on a red dot equipped rifle. But that makes sense given the height of your optic mount.

Have you shot it yet? If so, what are your thoughts.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2317 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah I understood why you have backup irons. That needs no explanation. It’s the offset irons that are puzzling on a red dot equipped rifle. But that makes sense given the height of your optic mount.

Have you shot it yet? If so, what are your thoughts.

I shot a quick 100 rounds through it before I SBR’d it to make sure it works. Ran fine with both the included US made and my German UMP mags. Recoil is light for a 45, so their recoil system is effective. Definitely more enjoyable than shooting my UMP conversion. Shot a few rounds unsuppressed and didn’t notice much of a POI shift with the suppressor.

Picture of }BuLL
posted Hide Post
Very nice gun & review, Dwill104! Mine arrived a few weeks ago, and I'm looking forward to some range time, including a conjugal visit with the Ghost M.
That stock looks great. Has me reconsidering getting a stamp or not.

Posts: 131 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post