SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    LWRC International SMG-45
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LWRC International SMG-45 Login/Join 
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted
If this topic has been raised before, Mods please delete; I couldn't find it via Search. While technically a pistol, I felt it fitting for MRR as it uses an AR-15 lower and the SBR potential is definitely there (in addition to its current folding brace, which looks well designed.)

Some of you are probably aware that this .45 caliber semiauto subgun won the Golden Trigger award this past summer for best new firearm design. It's been some time since a firearm piqued my interest as much as this one and it's now shipping. After watching several YT videos on it, I must say it looks awesome:
https://www.lwrci.com/p-5563-s...pistol-sb-brace.aspx

The MSRP is $2,990. Like the MCX, caliber conversions are planned for.

Posts: 1842 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I saw the prototype several years ago.

It was basically a metal UMP, but thankfully, not traditional blowback.

LWRC makes nice guns so I have no doubt it will behave itself (unlike the UMP), but $3000 for a subgun is a bit stiff.

Posts: 17651 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
LDD - Agreed on the price, hopefully they can come down some retail.

Here's a couple recent videos:

https://youtu.be/sBdYyJKGHMQ

https://youtu.be/IGr5YK7ePFo

Posts: 1842 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
been following the development for years... then finally saw it drop and was like, not really for us mere mortals. Definitely for government contracts !

Posts: 1147 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
For the sake of discussion only not considering cost:
This....or APC45?

Posts: 2479 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive shot one and liked it quite a bit but I'm not sure that it would be more than an expensive toy for me.

If 45 PCCs are your thing its a very well put together and I shot it after it already had hundreds of rounds through it if not more. Not a hiccup, felt very smooth. I'd put it on par with B&T easily.

Posts: 2008 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Damn that looks nice, if you have the coin.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 9669 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
my LGS got one in and the shop manager bought it. He took videos of shooting it suppressed and showed me....it's a really quiet design. My APC45 with expensive B&T can is NOT quiet whatsoever. The can isn't and being blowback, the design doesn't help.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Leesburg VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
PGT, Thanks for the report. A good sign when the LGS manager snags the first one in the door and glad to hear the LWRC design lends itself well to a can.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Are there any agencies that have adopted a 45 Auto subgun?

Posts: 9152 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Are there any agencies that have adopted a 45 Auto subgun?

According to CMC Gov’t Supply, they only sell the HK UMP45 to Gov’t agencies. Not sure if that means anything. LWRC is planning on releasing versions of their SMG in other calibers however, which I assume might compete for agency adoption.