SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    My First AR-15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My First AR-15 Login/Join 
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted
I've had it couple weeks now and am really liking it.

It's a Smith & Wesson M&P15T (tactical).

All I've done to it is top it off with a Vortex Prism 3x scope.

I took it to the range last weekend and put about 200 rounds through it. Once the Vortex was zeroed I was putting the rounds right where I wanted them.

Really nice rifle.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Looks great! I think that is a damn fine setup for a first AR, or any AR for that matter.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new rifle!

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Looks good, soon it will have a companionSmile

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your impending financial depletion. They tend to breed and like children, they bled the bank account.

My first AR was a MP15. Love it.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Now you see what the AR15 hub bub is about.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Now you see what the AR15 hub bub is about.

Yup! I want more!

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice! Sorry...

I never had a big interest in personal owned AR's being career military. In '08 I decided to get a good one just in case. I didn't really plan on getting more.

Now I have 4+, an extra lower, and am putting together a clone of the "CAR 15" carbine I was issued at my first duty station. They are addictive...just get a lower, then order the rest off the internet at your leisure!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Wait until you get the building bug. My M&P15 is the only AR I've purchased. Everything else has been built (or is being built).

Decided to start pulling parts for my SBR build last night to get started on that. I have a number of lowers I bought when the prices first came down and I knew I had a few extra odds and ends but apparently I've been a busy little beaver over the past couple of years preparing for a Hilary gun grab. Aside from a couple of odds and ends I've got the goods for a number of builds.

That's good news but it's also bad news. The bad news I'm motivated to fill in the cracks on what I need which is going to cost me money.

2 is 1 and one is none.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post