SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Added another to the collection ...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Added another to the collection ... Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted
I can't explain it, but a few weeks ago I saw a Cobray M11/Nine with a LAGE upper while perusing machine guns on GunBroker and I started getting this itch ...

So I bought a new production Cobray M11/9 and a original LAGE slow fire upper ... I've had it for about a week and after shooting it, the itch got worse and it doesn't have the trigger-slap that the 380 I had back in the late 90's. I need to do some trigger/sear polishing but the pull/creep isn't as bad as some of the AR's I've had!

Unfortunately the semi just seemed to make the itch worse ... The LAGE upper is much smoother than the original and it drops the brass to my right about 2ft away, unlike the original upper that launches it like an HK!

Anyway, I was flipping through the machine guns again today and there were two M11/9's for $6500, one in Alaska and the other in Denver ... The others either had reserves or starting bids in the 9's. I checked out the Denver one, the seller has good feedback, been on GB since 2009

I thought it it said that it didn't end for 2 days ... which would have made sense to end it on a Sunday when most everyone is at kicked-back at home.

So, I went ahead and bid the minimum on it thinking I'll never get it, someone will swoop in at the last minute and out bid me.

I must have mis-read it ... because it ended in 2 HOURS!

No one swooped in!

So now my machine gun count is at 3 and I'm scrambling to put together $6,500 unencumbered dollars ... plus $100 in shipping ... plus $200 for my transfer and it didn't say anything about transfer to my dealer so I'm probably on the hook for that too ... I'm hoping he'll do a 50/50 thing, but if not I'll have to tell momma because I'm sure she'll notice the bank account missing 7K. At least the return on machine guns is better than the interest the bank pays, but you have to sell to realize that Frown

On the up-side ... Now there no need to SBR the semi!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of }BuLL
posted Hide Post
Nice score, that will be fun! Good luck with the Mrs. Wink

Posts: 131 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
You definitely live by the motto of, "It's better to just do now, and beg for forgiveness later!" LoL...

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Cool Smile

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Sweet setups. I need to get a Lage upper for mine. I just have the .22 conversion.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Good...Good...let the NFA flow through you.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3599 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Damn it, I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread. The itch must be communicable...

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
wow, you got a killer deal. I'd have had a hard time passing that up too.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I have a Polytech AK. once itwas in the same room with a full auto registered sear. Even THAT gave me the itch.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post