SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sling for AR pistol?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sling for AR pistol? Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
I have a CMMG AR pistol that has a KeyMod forend and happens to have an end plate that would accept clip in type sling swivel.

Any suggestions? I was thinking a single point sling but I’ve not used them. The other AR rifles are being upgraded to BLue Force Gear slings.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you can find a Blackhawk Storm bungee single point sling, it works and it's only $20

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Drop a rifle that is in a single point sling, and it will hit you in the nuts. 2pt for me. I like the magpul ms4.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
Drop a rifle that is in a single point sling, and it will hit you in the nuts. 2pt for me.

Yep. Plus, a single point sling means that the rifle just dangles there and will flop around unless you keep a hand on it to control it. Two point slings make the rifle lay flat and stable against the body, leaving both hands free for things like pistol transitions, climbing, handcuffing, rendering first aid, etc.

The sole benefit of single point slings is that they make it easy to transition to the offside shoulder when shooting. That's outweighed by a number of drawbacks. Quick-adjustable two point slings make it almost as easy to transition the rifle to the offside shoulder, without any of the drawbacks of single point slings.

I use Blue Force Gear VCAS adjustable two point slings on all long guns. Even "pistols".

Posts: 32432 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
Drop a rifle that is in a single point sling, and it will hit you in the nuts.

As they state in the Direct TV ad -- some people like that. Razz

OP -- There are a number of quality two point sling options. Like Blue Force or Magpul.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I am all for two point convertible slings but sometimes there is a need for a one point sling.

Most of my SBRs are one point slings.

OP is building a pistol so I would prefer a one point sling for a pistol AR. I carry it under my right arm with the sling over my head on my left shoulder. It keeps it tight and against the body and when I drop it it falls to the side.

At work, all our rifles are one point slings (10.5" - 16") and when we transition, we drop the rifle to our side, not our balls. We share rifles so we needed to standardize on one method that works for lefties and righties.

OP, for your pistol, if you want a one point sling, you want it to attach to the back of the pistol, not the front. Preferably at the end plate.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Yes, this is for an AR Pistol. I use two points on the rifles. I would of course attach the single point sling to the end plate as it has provisions for such.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
Yes, this is for an AR Pistol. I use two points on the rifles. I would of course attach the single point sling to the end plate as it has provisions for such.

what kind of attachment point is on the end plate? QD or the loop kind?

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:

Magpul MS4 gives you the option to use as either 2pt or 1pt and it takes seconds to unclip the QD from the handguard and clip it into the QD point on the sling.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Small loop. https://www.cmmginc.com/produc...tol-mk4-pdw-300-blk/