SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    How is the sig Romeo 5 red dot?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How is the sig Romeo 5 red dot? Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
I'm an aimpoint guy but for $119 I may try one. What is the word on these red dots?

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Questions = Harassment
posted Hide Post
I have two, never had an issue with them.
Good for the price.

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
It's the same as the Primary Arms and Holosun red dots which have great reviews. They all just have different labels and maybe slightly different features. Right now the Sig is usually the least expensive of them. I like mine, and the wake on movement is very sensitive.

FYI it's $110 shipped from Brownells right now with code "NBM".

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I absolutely love this sight .
Every time I see it on sale I want to buy another.

I have a couple of the MD-ADS sights from Primary Arms as well but I prefer the Romeo 5 over them.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 5

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got one tonight from Brownell's sale as well.

Going to see how it does tomorrow on top of the bullpup SKS.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jackimoe:
Just got one tonight from Brownell's sale as well.

Same here...I wasn't expecting it until Tuesday so it was a good surprise...
I mounted it on my .300 BO pistol and will take it out to the range tomorrow or Monday, but I like what I see so far...the dot is pretty sharp (my eyes suck), controls are simple...I really like the size and it feels both substantial and well built. For $119 it is a good buy IMHO.

EDIT...this guy does a pretty good review on a few red dots...Sig Romeo included...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/Fuq_N129SAI

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bisleyblackhawk,

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
I have 2, one on a 300 BLK pistol and the other a pencil barrel carbine. Like the guys said, Holosun made it seems with no issues so far. I saw them for 109.99 some where earlier today. Bought mine from Sportmansoutdoorsuperstore.com

Yep, that's the place for the above price. 7.95 shipping as I recall.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quick range report...

The Romeo5 was about 3" low and 6" left at 50 yards...first adjustment brought it up to 1" low and 2" left...next adjustment put it on the mark...next 21 rounds were on the money...the adjustments were easy...

The dot was way better than the 5MOA grape cluster on the ancient TruGlo (yeah, I know) that was stop-gap installed on the pistol...

The automatic red dot turn on thingy is seriously sensitive...I had to insulate it with a bath towel on the oak sideboard (on an oak floor) to sneak up on it to keep it from turning on just from my heavy footed vibrations (I ain't in no ways stealthy)...

Overall...I am impressed with this optic for the money and I feel good having it on the .300BO pistol for home defense...

Edit...I've got a set of Magpul BUS to install IF and WHEN I can find them (I ain't in no ways organized as of late) Razz

Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah I finally took a chance on the Chinese made SIG Romeo 5 after all these positive reports, the cost of $108.00 shipped and Brownells "Forever" Warranty.

Likely throw it on my beater training AR and see what it can do.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I bought one and should have it this week for my 300 blackout pistol. With the motion awake it's perfect for home defense. I'm currently using my SIG556 with an Aimpoint Pro left on.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Sig sights are made by Holosun, and if sent in for service, go to Holosun.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
And when you buy from Brownells, if you get the run around just return it to them for a 100% refund Wink

posted Hide Post
Went to order one from Brownells this morning...outta stock! Frown

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8755 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PSA did have them at 120 shipped but they aren't Brownells of course.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:
Went to order one from Brownells this morning...outta stock! Frown
I think I got the last one. I completed my order, it was in stock when I added to my cart but it showed backordered when my order summary came through, then showed “no back order” on the products page, so I wasn’t sure it went through - but I got a shipping notice so its on the way.

Planning to pull the Aimpoint Pro from my training rifle and using the R5 for a year to see how it does.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
And when you buy from Brownells, if you get the run around just return it to them for a 100% refund Wink

I truthfully feel that the Brownell's and Dillon Precision's customer service folks squeezed out of the womb/vigina holding hands...when they say 100%...they mean 100%...100% of the time Big Grin

Jimmy Buffet

posted Hide Post
Yeah I've had to use Brownells twice and it was as described, no questions asked. Once item was still like new, the other used for a year and found to be defective after the manufacturers warranty would have been difficult to use.

bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I have one on a 14.5" build and I love it. It's nice. Good sight, IMO.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I'm going to be a dissenter here.

I have Aimpoint PROs on my SD guns, but I saved some money and bought 3 Romeo 5s for my 3 new AR pistols (3 Romeo 5s is less than 1 Aimpoint PRO). One's red dot was jacked up out of the box, and the other 2 seemed OK at home. All 3 sucked at their first range session, and after a few shots the other 2's red dots started looking like the first one.

On top of that, when I called Sig the customer service rep kept cutting me off mid sentence, kept saying that's not possible, and then took 9 hours to send the RMA e-mail (I was actually free to go to FEDEX but e-mail arrived after they closed). I'm probably being a pessimist, but the two that acted up after a few rounds look OK now so 99% sure Sig will say they're OK.
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Are you sure? I checked the address on my RMA and it's next door to Xerox and Google says it's Sig Electro-optics. Also, Crimson Trace is in the same city (Wilsonville, OR).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post