SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Are there any dealers selling Colt rifles to LE agencies?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are there any dealers selling Colt rifles to LE agencies? Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
Do you know of any?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We got our short barrels through Phoenix Distributors out of PA. Our standard 16” carbines, I believe, we’re purchased through Keisler’s or a place in KS. I cannot remember the name right now. Hope that helps.

Posts: 4022 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.kiesler.com

https://www.kiesler.com/manufacturer/colt/

Unfortunately, they only do Agency sales.
Give Craig a call, tell him his neighbor referred you.

Northern Illinois/Chicago (North of I-80)
Craig Villanova

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks for both. I did email Kiesler, and it’s an agency sale I’m pursuing.
I wasn’t sure, though, if they would sell to Colorado as they don’t list us in their coverage map. (Email sent today, so not expecting an immediate reply.)

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
Check with Ken Elmore at Specialized Armament.

Most of his business is LE.

http://www.specializedarmament.com/

Posts: 1453 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I will keep that in mind; thanks!

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Received word from Kiesler that they won’t sell guns or ammunition into Colorado due to “strict rules and regulations.” And now I’m curious: Is it one of those Barrett things of, “We’re not going to sell guns to the LE agencies where the people are restricted”? Colorado has the magazine limit and a couple of cities have restricted AR-type rifles, but ….

Interesting.

Any other ideas from the membership for dealers to contact?

6.4/93.6

— Plato

posted Hide Post
Phoenix Distributors sells Colt firearms to LEO nationwide. They are located in Feasterville, PA and also have a store front shop called Surplus City Guns.

Posts: 1618 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the last Police Dept I was working at before I relocated to NC, I was in charge of creating/revamping the Patrol rifle program for the Dept.

I dealt with an agency in Texas. Ours was a unique situation because we had seven SG551-2 that were select fire and have full auto capability and were marked Made in Switizerland.

It was unique because we had to have an agency that bought and sold select fire weapons.

I had it brokered that we would get 14 RRA equivalents of the Colt LE 6920 plus magazines, rails, cases etc. Well I went away to armorers training and the chief messed the whole deal up.

I know the agency dealt with LE6920 because that was also offered but for a lesser amount

I am teaching a course today but will look for the name of the agency when i get home this evening.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the double post I could not edit my other message.

Our agency went with the company if I remember correctly.

Law Enforcement Sales USA

Call us 806-891-8911

email Arnold@LeSalesUSA.com

https://www.lesalesusa.com/

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post