SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Help me ID an AR Lower
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help me ID an AR Lower Login/Join 
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted
I recall from a long while ago, a member here posted a picture of a rifle he was assembling, the lower was supposedly rare, the maker of said lower was impossible to deal with, or wasn't delivering paid for lowers? and IIRC it had a tree engraved on it?

Does anyone have any clue what I'm talking about?

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
I recall from a long while ago, a member here posted a picture of a rifle he was assembling, the lower was supposedly rare, the maker of said lower was impossible to deal with, or wasn't delivering paid for lowers? and IIRC it had a tree engraved on it?

Does anyone have any clue what I'm talking about?

That has been many years they were offering $99 engraved lowers.
I ordered and waited months before canceling. Some finally shipped like a year later.
I am blanking on the company at the moment.
I'll have to comb thru my emails to see if I still have the order emails.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
This is going to bug me. Must have deleted the email orders. If I remember correctly they came with some coin as well.

————————————————

Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
This is going to bug me. Must have deleted the email orders. If I remember correctly they came with some coin as well.

I'm not sure, I just remember the cool tree design with roots etc

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
Are you guys talking about shadow whatever their name was? You could do a custom engraved forged lower and pick whatever you want on it.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smpsmp:
Are you guys talking about shadow whatever their name was? You could do a custom engraved forged lower and pick whatever you want on it.

Pretty sure Shadow Ops Weaponry is correct and the lower he is referring to is one that actually got made and I believe the Tree logo was custom engraved and modeled after the tree of life.

————————————————

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

I'm not sure, I just remember the cool tree design with roots etc

IIRC member Agony had a lower that was engraved with the White Tree of Gondor (from J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings). It was not the company's logo, just a .jpg that Agony sent to the company (don't remember the company's name, but "Shadow Ops" sounds familiar).

I thought it was pretty neat and had the same idea myself. Never got around to doing it like he did though.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it was Shadow Ops. I did receive my lower without any trouble. The suppressors they were offering for next to nothing... That was another story. Once I started reading about issues with lowers shipping, I began to see the same pattern with my suporessor order. When I called to cancel my order, they offered to include a 3rd piston for free. I bit, and waited. Ultimately I canceled, but I am happy with the lowerSmile

Posts: 1150 | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post