SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New Rifle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Rifle Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Moving to Alaska, I left my two AR-15's stored with a friend. Transporting them through Canada is a big nogo. So I've been thinking I need one up here, just because. Was wanting a very basic, optics ready AR.

Evidently so does everybody and their brother right now. Checked out a gun shop down the road from the new house and they had a few AR's in stock. Picked up a Ruger AR-556. overall impressed with it, fit between upper and lower receivers is very tight. The trigger is atrocious, but that can be fixed. Picked up a set of Meprolight backup sights for it as well.

So now I've got an AR, I just need to find ammo for it...

Mandatory pic:

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11764 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Your comments about moving ARs up there is interesting.
I've been considering attempting to move there myself.
You can't get them shipped up?

Congrats on your new rifle tho!
And good luck on finding ammo - it's REALLY rough lately.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
I'll probably fly down to Arizona at Christmas with a couple of empty rifle cases and fly back with them. When I initially moved up here, I loaded up the truck and drove the ALCAN. AR's are a definite no-no to transport across Canada.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11764 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new rifle! Ruger makes good stuff and I see no reason their AR's wouldn't be good as well.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:

So now I've got an AR, I just need to find ammo for
it...

And magazines.. and a sling.. and optic.. and a light.. and a better trigger..

It never seems to end...

Big Grin

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post