SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New Daniel Defense 308?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Daniel Defense 308? Login/Join 
With bad intent
posted
Rumor has it they have new .308 rifle coming out. Any ideas or insight? Went to order a DD5 and saw the SKU's were gone. Dealer said they were being replaced but couldnt talk about it.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
I have a V1. The V2 has an 18“ barrel vs the V1 16” barrel. I have not seen or read anything about a V3 or whatever DD will call the next model. Both V1 and V2 SKU’S are still listed on the DD website.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redhookbklyn:
I have a V1. The V2 has an 18“ barrel vs the V1 16” barrel. I have not seen or read anything about a V3 or whatever DD will call the next model. Both V1 and V2 SKU’S are still listed on the DD website.

Yeah, they pulled the SKU's form the distributors

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
They have their new bolt gun out in 308 as well. The DD5s are changing too. New Dd5v2 i saw has mlok stuff on it.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
They have their new bolt gun out in 308 as well. The DD5s are changing too. New Dd5v2 i saw has mlok stuff on it.

They pulled the DD5V2 skus as well, the MLOK ones.

posted Hide Post
Called DD the other day and a very nice lady in CS explained what is happening with the DD5V2. They are currently not producing them but will start back up again in June along with a bunch of upgrades to new production rifles. They will announce the changes when they start manufacturing up on them again. Until then, if you are after a DD5V2, the ones out there are the only ones.

TD

Who Does More Is Worth More

Posts: 37 | Registered: November 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post

I'm guessing this is the "new" ones, the DD5V3, V4, V5. Looks like they redesigned the V1 and V2.

Looks like they cheapened it a bit - dropped price, but made it a more standard AR-style charging handle with the hook on the side instead of the detent thing in the top, they took out the Giselle trigger and made it a mil-spec, changed the BCG (but tried to make it sound "new and improved??") but added an adjustable gas block.

Some of the changes are also discussed in the first part of this video:

Looking at the changes, I'm kind of happy I just scored one of the Mlok-but- "old" style ones for $1700, and that the new V3, V4, and V5 uppers will work on my V1 lower.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Glad I just went with a Colt CM762 for $1375 when they were selling those.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a DD5V4 in 308 and am quite pleased with it. The whole charging handle I like being more standard. The finish on the BCG is nice. The ambi controls are really stiff and should move easier with some break-in time. I hate the ambi safety as it hits my knuckle on the right side while moving it with my thumb. Its getting replaced in short order.

As for the trigger, I don't mind the standard one on a heavier AR as long as my focus isn't on precision shooting at long range with their 260 or 6.5CM guns.

Should work fine for breaking harder targets than 5.56 which is what it was purchased for.

TD

Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FLSig:
Picked up a DD5V4 in 308 and am quite pleased with it. The whole charging handle I like being more standard. The finish on the BCG is nice. The ambi controls are really stiff and should move easier with some break-in time. I hate the ambi safety as it hits my knuckle on the right side while moving it with my thumb. Its getting replaced in short order.

As for the trigger, I don't mind the standard one on a heavier AR as long as my focus isn't on precision shooting at long range with their 260 or 6.5CM guns.

Should work fine for breaking harder targets than 5.56 which is what it was purchased for.

TD

Curious if the FCG is regular old mil-spec or is similar to PSAs enhanced polished trigger?

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trigger looks and feels mil-spec. I would question why they would go that route (especially for the V4 and V5 with longer barrels) on rifles meant for precision shooting at longer ranges unless the price drop was intended to give budget room for replacing it yourself.

TD

Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FLSig:
Trigger looks and feels mil-spec. I would question why they would go that route (especially for the V4 and V5 with longer barrels) on rifles meant for precision shooting at longer ranges unless the price drop was intended to give budget room for replacing it yourself.

TD

That's what I'm figuring.

There was talk there years ago about potentially going from a basic mil-spec FCG to something similar to PSA's EPT, or along those lines.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
WRT the trigger, maybe with the advent of the cheaper Larue MBT, people don't want the added price of the Geissele? So pay less, put whatever trigger you want in it?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post