SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Vortex Optics?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vortex Optics? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
They have an awesome warranty....that you will probably need to use at some point.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Well, my latest rifle is a Tikka T3x TAC AI in 6.5 Creedmoor. I bought it to be a tack driver (at my skill level). I did a fair amount of research and decided on the Vortex Razor Gen 2 4.5-27x56. Reading this thread makes me re-think my choice, but dang it, I really like the scope. I've only got 60 rounds down the barrel, so can't speak to long term durability, but I'm shooting dime size groups at 100 yards.

At the price point I was looking at, this Vortex seemed to fit the bill quite well. No complaints so far.

Caveat: I'm not an expert. Fritz and NikonUser are much more well versed and experienced than me (by many orders of magnitude), and perhaps most on this forum.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3296 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
Well, my latest rifle is a Tikka T3x TAC AI in 6.5 Creedmoor. I bought it to be a tack driver (at my skill level). I did a fair amount of research and decided on the Vortex Razor Gen 2 4.5-27x56. Reading this thread makes me re-think my choice, but dang it, I really like the scope. I've only got 60 rounds down the barrel, so can't speak to long term durability, but I'm shooting dime size groups at 100 yards.

At the price point I was looking at, this Vortex seemed to fit the bill quite well. No complaints so far.

Caveat: I'm not an expert. Fritz and NikonUser are much more well versed and experienced than me (by many orders of magnitude), and perhaps most on this forum.

You did well.

The naysayers bought $250 Chinese scopes and expected a Nightforce.

The Phillipino, Japanese and American optics are great.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
I was an early 1-6 razor adopter.

First optic I ever owned that did everything it was supposed to do, all the time

It replaced an ACOG with poor tracking and a wandering zero.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
I have Venoms on a Ruger MKIV and a RR LAR-15. Both have given me good service, with no problems.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I prefer Leupold same lifetime warranty, but odds are you may never need it.

Most of their optics are made in China. I had one of their red dots on an AR and the mount would come loose after a few mags.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, my latest rifle is a Tikka T3x TAC AI in 6.5 Creedmoor. I bought it to be a tack driver (at my skill level). I did a fair amount of research and decided on the Vortex Razor Gen 2 4.5-27x56. R

I have that same combination, but I haven't mounted the scope yet. Did you use a scope base with built in elevation? I was thinking a 22moa base from Badger would work very nicely.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Maybe not so fabulous after all
posted Hide Post
I have a Vortex Spitfire 1x prism scope and it's ok as a range toy. Part of me wishes I'd bought an EOTech.

Posts: 127 | Registered: August 31, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyAgShooter:
quote:
Well, my latest rifle is a Tikka T3x TAC AI in 6.5 Creedmoor. I bought it to be a tack driver (at my skill level). I did a fair amount of research and decided on the Vortex Razor Gen 2 4.5-27x56. R

I have that same combination, but I haven't mounted the scope yet. Did you use a scope base with built in elevation? I was thinking a 22moa base from Badger would work very nicely.

Spuhr SP4602. Has 20MOA built in. Easy peasy mount, it's a one-piece thing, not two separate scope rings. I'm really impressed with it.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3296 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
Spuhr SP4602.

Talk about great minds and all that: That was my choice for my 6.5 CM T3x Tac A1 as well. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang, I'm in good company! I'm worshipping at the feet of the gods!

- Dave Barry