SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Benelli super Vinci ???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benelli super Vinci ??? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
In fact, I shot a duck on Saturday when I wasn’t even out hunting them, just out on a walk with my wife and dragging my weatherby pa-08 around just in case.

quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
‘Shot a duck Saturday’? Is there ‘subsistence’ hunting open? Seems an odd time for any type of Waterfowl season.

Making final preparations for a fishing trip near Ketchikan. Our fishing guide was not aware of duck season this time of year. So I perused the Alaska waterfowl regulations. Unless I'm reading it incorrectly, duck season runs September through January, depending upon unit.

It’s in a subsistence unit, there’s been dozens of ducks, geese and everything else shot in the past few weeks. This is an actual subsistence village here I just talked with the village council here, they told me as long as I was with a native (I was). The fish and game department has been in town a few tunes over the past few weeks and there’s been no issues.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
No biggie about the hunt/shoot. I do realize there are a good number of areas open in the Spring to reduce Snow Goose Numbers. They seem to be eating themselves out of a home up North.

The combo of AK and ‘substance hunts’ likely covers the rest.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
I really like the looks of the A-5 Browning, but there are a few negatives. The older one’s may not be the best for steel shot. Most will have a fixed choke barrel. One also usually sets up the spring and ‘friction pieces’ for a certain load, less an issue for high power loads.

May be less available in AK, but I see slightly used semi-autos at a fair discount. Even the Browning Gold, slightly used is a fine all around option.

The new A5 has basically the same the piston system as the Benelli. The classic A5 can use steel shot if it has a choke system. The even older Miroku ones can use steel with some limitations based upon size and choke constriction. In any event, I was referring to the new A5. I have a 3” Gold that I have had for years. Great gun in all types of weather. However, I would NOT buy a 3.5” Gold. If going gas, I’d look at the Maxus or Beretta. I have a Versa Max Tactical that has been great so far and their new model is supposed to be even better. However, Remington and their BK would steer me away from them for now.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post