SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AR Cycles, but no cock, what's wrong?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR Cycles, but no cock, what's wrong? Login/Join 
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I'm in with a disconnect\hammer hook issue because if the rifle cycles the BCG and chambers a fresh round then the level of filth isn't keeping the hammer from being fully retracted. Something is keeping it from staying back. Check the trigger and hammer pins as well. Any side to side movement of the hammer or disconnect can keep the parts from mating up correctly.

Edited for spelling.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SgtGold,

Posts: 6887 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the same thing happen to my Anderson AR. There was a burr somewhere in the hammer/disconnector and when I couldn't find it I replaced the whole assembly with a LPK I had lying around; that solved the issue.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 2768 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
OP, how did it go? Get it sorted out?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

“ You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

Posts: 8167 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
OP, how did it go? Get it sorted out?
I did the upper lube, and took a good look at the lower parts as well, and had an AR smith take a casual look at it. He found nothing out or sorts. Have yet to function test at the range, though. I will report when I get the time to do so.

Thanks everyone for your participation in this thread.

Posts: 4312 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post