SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AR10 what should I consider, from where?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR10 what should I consider, from where? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DansSIGs:
There is ONLY one AR-10
ARMALITE

Only Armalite's patent lawyers and a few Armalite gun owners really care what guns do or do not wear the AR-10 name. The rest of the public couldn't give a rat's ass.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
OP,
per your title/subject-
There is ONLY one AR-10
ARMALITE

others are DPMS LR308/KAC SR25 platforms.

I personally would NOT own any KAC product even if it was given to me.

Interesting comment ... is there a story behind it?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
OP,
per your title/subject-
There is ONLY one AR-10
ARMALITE

others are DPMS LR308/KAC SR25 platforms.

I personally would NOT own any KAC product even if it was given to me.

Armalite in its current form is only the owner of the trademark. The only AR10 derivative in production that actually had the direct input of Eugene Stoner is the KAC SR25. Our of curiosity, what is your problem with KAC? Between me and a few friends we have had a sample of around 8 SR25s which are EMCs, ECCs, APCs, and ACCs. Everyone now has a mix of APCs and ACCs and they have performed flawlessly. One of my friends swore off KAC SR25s because of how poorly his unit’s M110s performed. He decided to give an ACC a try and has changed his tune.

They are expensive, which is painful.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2318 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
I got to shoot a POF Rogue at an industry event in the spring.

Brilliant bit of engineering in that they found a way to put a 308 into an AR-15.

Very light and handy. The model I got to shoot was excellently reliable.

But it really depends what he wants to do with it. For a precision rig I would consider JP.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
Decided to build a 6.5 Creedmoor with mostly M5E1 Aero Precision parts.

Thx for the input guys.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post