SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Seekins Precision--What can you tell me about quality?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seekins Precision--What can you tell me about quality? Login/Join 
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted
I'm looking for a new AR. I have a friend offering me a Seekins Precision rifle. I've heard of Seekins, but know nothing about their quality. What can you tell me?

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Its all good. I dont recall Seekins ever putting out anything that wasnt quality. Along the same lines as Geissele

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Seekins is legit.

More into/known for precision / competition rigs IMO, but quality nonetheless.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I"ve got a Billet upper / Lower that I used for a SBR. Really top notch pieces.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can’t go wrong with them. I have a few of their rails on my AR’s and a stripped billet lower that is very nice. One day I’ll get around to building it.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I'd put the quality up with KAC/Stoner

I too built an SBR with one of their upper and lower billet sets, the fit is amazingly tight!
I built it specifically in anticipation of a DIAS, note the red heat sink under the handguard, but that deal fell through Frown

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seekins makes fantastic product.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I have a boutique build with a Seekins ambi lower. It is Knight's Armament quality for a third the cost. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Seekins 10.5 AR pistol I got for an amazing price several years
ago. It looks good and has performed flawlessly every time I've ever used it. They are good to go.q

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
I built a 300 BO SBR with a Seekins lower and complete upper and a complete Seekins upper in .223 Wylde. I have been extremely pleased with everything I have gotten from them. Seekins is very good quality.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
Seekins makes fantastic product.

Yes they do. I have rings and a handguard, excellent quality.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
medlem
posted Hide Post
Not an AR, but I picked up a Seekins Havak in 6.5 PRC earlier this year and I absolutely love it. Highest quality rifle I have ever owned and is a fantastic shooter. No regrets here.

Posts: 2242 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: September 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
No experience with their rifles, but the Seekins rails and rings I've bought have been top notch. They clearly take pride in their product.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have built several rifles using Seekins lowers. They are very high quality, and very innovative. He replaces roll pins with threaded screws almost everywhere. I also really like their "winter trigger guard". It is one piece, there is no hinged lower section.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They make very nice stuff.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
GREAT stuff - all the way through the lineup.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post