SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Vudoo Gunworks
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vudoo Gunworks Login/Join 
More persistent
than capable
posted
Got a Vudoo Ravage yesterday, built like a bank vault, Vortex Golden Eagle to look through.
The Vudoo guys designed the conversions to the single shot 40x to make them repeaters and evolved into manufacturers:
https://www.vudoogunworks.com

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1083 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
Good to hear. While I like the idea, I'm not fond of the owner's past business practices. I'm shocked anyone would do business with him at this point.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Enlighten me, Email if you prefer.

Posts: 1083 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hammer1967
posted Hide Post
I would like to know as well.

If Jesus would have had a gun he would be alive today. Homer Simpson
“Him plenty dead” Tonto

Posts: 1088 | Location: TN | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't leave us all hanging in suspense here...

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sunburn, lets see that thing!

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I've shared what I know with Sunburn offline. It's his thread and I'll be respectful in it moving forward.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sunburn,
Thank you for the purchase of your Vudoo Ravage and I appreciate you thinking enough of what you chose to share it here. Should you have any questions, etc., please feel free to reach out anytime, as I'm the designer/developer. From here, I find it necessary to steer the topic off-center a little as I use your thread to address something.

SWAGE, I'm assuming you feel you have enough facts to speak on a public forum just enough to perpetuate what typically takes place on the internet. I can guarantee you and anyone else that shares your misinformation that you have no earthly clue what the real story is. Frankly, there were two unknown-to-the-industry partners in BlackOps, one of whom I physically tossed out the door when I discovered he accepted full payment from the local Sheriff's department for Nightforce optics that he never ordered. As I later discovered, this was not the extent of his questionable business practices. The other partner (father of partner number one) is clearly identified by doing a MT LLC search. Ultimately, there was a lawsuit and a ruling that clearly indicates where the responsibility lies, although they've not dissolved the business according to the ruling. From here, I'll ask you to discontinue the personal defamation against me, as you clearly don't have the facts.

Sunburn, I'll support you and your RAVAGE in whatever way I need to, to ensure you have the utmost confidence in your purchase and in Vudoo Gun Works. Sorry for the side-track.

MB

Posts: 8 | Registered: December 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ravage,

Glad you took a moment to stop in.

I really don't care for vague Internet cheap shots.

Posts: 325 | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Mike might be cut from a better "moral cloth" than his former partners at Black Ops Precision.

His rifle work is top-notch.

I'm still hazy about whether everyone who paid Black Ops up-front for rifles a few years back received either a) rifles or b) refunds. If the answer is "no," that'd be troubling to me as a potential buyer. I see nothing wrong with Swage having similar concerns.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Zingo and Dennis M.

There's a long list of refunds owed to people that paid deposits, the person listed on the MT SOS website:

(https://www.mtsosfilings.gov/mtsos-corporations/viewInstance/view.html?id=8383adccf3cbf69372998a953a3446186dba9f1c0c6439bcd6a1c84864824b90&_timestamp=26383073374673656)

is keeping the LLC alive simply to hide behind a veil of protection, although I just noticed he failed to file an annual report resulting in an involuntary dissolution by the State. I understand the concern of SWAGE and others, but I've been silent long enough. GAG order be damned.

MB

Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
Mike might be cut from a better "moral cloth" than his former partners at Black Ops Precision.

I'm still hazy about whether everyone who paid Black Ops up-front for rifles a few years back received either a) rifles or b) refunds. If the answer is "no," that'd be troubling to me as a potential buyer. I see nothing wrong with Swage having similar concerns.

The answer is "no" they have not all been paid refunds or received their components back. A long time friend lost his components and deposit.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:

The answer is "no" they have not all been paid refunds or received their components back. A long time friend lost his components and deposit.

And to be clear, if ANYONE had components in that shop I either built them a rifle or they received their components, no one lost components. As part of the fight, I generated the list of people owed refunds, along with vendors that were owed money and, based on my counter-suit, the legal ruling states the Hyatt's (Chris and Harry) are responsible for properly dissolving the company.

I fought for each and every person/vendor on that list after-the-fact as well. Of course the whole thing sucks and I've never said I've done everything right, but there's so much more to what happened than anyone is aware of. When I was told by the Under-Sheriff the department had not received their scopes, what I discovered after is why I physically tossed Chris Hyatt out of the shop. I was able to make things right with the Sheriff's Dept and numerous others prior to them suing me and stopping my efforts to clean up the mess.

The remainder went on a list at the ruling and the Hyatt's agreed to properly dissolve the company as a component of the counter-suit. They've refused to do so.

The stories about me were perpetuated by guys that were considerably less than credible. One of whom had a 40X repeater conversion done at BlackOps and paid a deposit. His rifle was completed as everything was hitting the fan and I was sorting out what happened. Ultimately, he claimed I requested he make his check out to me directly and likely fabricated a witness to our telephone conversation. He directly contradicted his claims by texting a picture of the check he made payable to BlackOps showing the invoice he received from BlackOps for the remaining balance (I still have the picture) and was found to have no credibility as a witness by Hyatt counsel during a deposition between the Hyatt's and I (not surprisingly, he never mailed the check). Ultimately, he committed perjury as a sworn witness for his own personal gain. Partly as a result of his stories, others inside the firearms industry piled on and numerous threads were started on SH (they've all now been deleted). These details only scratch the surface....

SWAGE, I'm sorry your friend was not made whole, but I worked my ass off to hold these guys accountable.

Sending you a PM.

MB

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RAVAGE88,

Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
Sunburn enjoy your rifle. Nobody ever questioned Mike's ability to build a rifle.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
Sunburn enjoy your rifle. Nobody ever questioned Mike's ability to build a rifle.

Couldn't send a PM, sent an email.

MB

Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I wanted to update the thread and let everyone know I've been in communication with Mike the past week or so and we've come up with a solution to close the loop on this issue and make everyone involved whole again. I want to point out that Mike has been very sincere in his intentions to rectify what happened and I consider the matter settled and closed.

I always admired Mike's work and spoke to him many years ago about building me a custom rifle....to the point that I recommended him to a very good friend.
Like I stated on an earlier post, Mike builds one hell of a rifle. I wish him and Vudoo Gun Works the best moving forward and appreciate him reaching out to me directly to help solve this matter.

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
I love happy endings...

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Three Vudoo's now around me. All shoot great, fit/finish very good. Another will order as soon as the lefty's are available.

Several around me have converted 40X's using Mike's mags. Very much appreciate him bringing the mags to the market and sharing the conversion documentation with jelrod1. My converted 40x is my favorite rifle!

Weather permitting shooting a local 22LR match this Saturday, try to get a group photo.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SWAGE/OffGrid, very much appreciated.

MB

More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Offgrid
I could not alter my 59 40x, shoots great, too much of a treasure to modify irreversibly. Had followed the conversions with great interest and they led me to the Vudoo. They both shoot extremely well, neither to their potential in my hands.
Mike
Thanks for a phenomenal piece.