SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Geissele trigger for my Tavor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Geissele trigger for my Tavor Login/Join 
posted
I am planning on buying their Super Sabra trigger pack, but not sure about the Lightning bow trigger. If I buy the trigger pack, is the bow needed or desired?

Use is HD, and on the range.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put just the lightning bow trigger in my X95 and it made a pretty big difference to me, enough that I’m going to skip on the hammer pack for a while. It’s well worth getting, install was pretty painless too, just make sure you buy the favor takedown tool, you’ll need it

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
It makes a huge difference. The trigger pack helps reduce pull weight and smooths out the grainy action. The lightning bow removes the take up. all of it, it is adjustable so you can leave some take up/slack if you wish.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I have the X95. I bought both in a combo deal. If you have the X95 the Lightning Bow might be enough.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Questions = Harassment
posted Hide Post
I went with both. I am very happy with it now.

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do have the regular Tavor, looks like I will buy both parts.

I find the gun amazingly easy to disassemble, as though it was made to clean out in the desert with minimal tools or equipment.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know how different the Tavor is from the X95. I have an x95, but I'm guessing its not too different. When you say its easy to disassemble, what exactly are you comparing it to? In an AR you pull two pins and you have all the guts to do anything and a bullet tip pushes the pins. The x95 I won't bother with the whole deal but you need several punches 2mm, 3mm and 5mm with lots of small parts. The manual with illustrations is several pages. It is anything but easy. Now I appreciate the versatility of the design in having multiple calibers and ejection sides, and easy barrel changes etc. but its completely complex compared to most similar designs that don't have those features.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I don't know how different the Tavor is from the X95. I have an x95, but I'm guessing its not too different. When you say its easy to disassemble, what exactly are you comparing it to? In an AR you pull two pins and you have all the guts to do anything and a bullet tip pushes the pins. The x95 I won't bother with the whole deal but you need several punches 2mm, 3mm and 5mm with lots of small parts. The manual with illustrations is several pages. It is anything but easy. Now I appreciate the versatility of the design in having multiple calibers and ejection sides, and easy barrel changes etc. but its completely complex compared to most similar designs that don't have those features.

I dunno about you but I can take apart my x95 with just a round. Including the bolt, it’s not hard at all. In fact it’s one of the easiest weapons to field strip..

posted Hide Post
This is not in the end a platform I decided I could love, so I am just a desk jockey following what IWI told me to do and not someone who actually figured out what is required to actually do. And of course lots of time there is a difference. But this is straight out of the manual:
Tools & Materials
•2 mm punch
•3 mm punch
•Flat screwdriver
•Plastic hammer

Now like all things in life regarding owners manuals I'm willing to concede up front they probably over did it. But that is exactly what it says.
And those are what I used. Now it may be completely possible to use a round to do it (doesn't seem likely to me, but OK). And I'm pretty sure you aren't doing those nasty barrel allen wrenches with a round but maybe I'm just not looking at it the right way.
But I'm not looking to have a debate about it. The gun has some nifty features. But I stand by my comment to get them you have some additional complexity.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You don’t take the barrel off to field strip.. I have one, I’ve taken it completely apart to install a lightning bow trigger. It takes a barrel wrench and a screw driver/Allen wrench yes.

But to maintain the rifle all you need to do is pull the pin at the top of the butt pad and out comes the bolt/carrier and spring, looks kinda like an AK 47. The bolt itself is just as easy as an AR to take apart just a little different as well. You’ll never have to do anything other than that to clean or lube it.
Also one nice thing about the X95 is that fully loaded mags seat just fine on a closed bolt, I thought that was a nice touch. It’s a great modern rifle, maybe not as cheap As an AR but it’s a fast and short weapon made for urban combat. It’s the same length as my dads AR pistol with brace but with a full length barrel and no tax stamp. If you don’t mind spending the money I’d highly recommend it, I like mine a lot

Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I did both on mine, very pleased with the results.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post