SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    The M1 Carbine gods smiled upon me twice in two days.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The M1 Carbine gods smiled upon me twice in two days. Login/Join 
posted
I posted about my first carbine on Wednesday. It is a nice Quality Hardware gun with the Buffalo Arms 1943 barrel. I got a second one from the same gentleman the very next day. This one is a Saginaw receiver with a Saginaw barrel. I will take it apart and get better pics on Saturday. It has early features as well, just like the Quality Hardware gun. I waited years to get an M1, now I have two nice ones. This one was $700.

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Another nice score. It's good to have a spare. Wink

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Are any of the new manuractured M1 Carbines any good? Any recommendations? I know Inland Mfg (I know not same original company) in Dayton, OH is making them. A guy I know met the owner and they are supposedly built just like the original.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3623 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Again, nice score. Wish i could get lucky like that - once...

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Nice. First rifles I ever bought were M-1 carbines. I bought three I liked them so much. That was in the 80's. Wish I still had them.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In 1994 I bought an Arlington ordnance Inland for $200. It was crazy accurate and a hell of a lot of fun. So, naturally I sold it when I wanted something else because I figured there was an infinite supply of them. Sometimes I am so stupid. A lot of the time, actually. Anyway, Nice grab!

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Rogue, how did you mount the mag pouch on your stock? I have about 4 15-round pouches from original GI to aftermarket and theres NOW WAY they fit on stock. I even ordered a CMP stock and still no way they would fit. I would like to put a pouch on my M1 but can't figure it out! Thanks for any help.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It's definitely doable. Some guys even put two pouches on the stock. Wink

The thing is, only the WW2-style mag pouches will fit. These will have the large belt tunnel through the middle and a snap on the back.

The later post-WW2-style mag pouches, with the eyelet grommets on the bottom and smaller belt loops on the back, are too small to fit over the stock.

To install the mag pouch, first separate the stock from the rest of the carbine. Then insert the front of the stock inside the belt tunnel. Slide the mag pouch down the stock to about the sling cutout, where the buttstock will be too wide for the pouch to go any further.

If you have a nice condition or collectible stock, be careful of the snap on the back of the mag pouch. The pouch will slide around on the stock, and the snap will scratch up the wood. You can put a piece of tape over it on the inside of the belt tunnel, to keep it from scratching up the stock. If you have a reproduction stock pouch, you might even cut the snap out entirely.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
OK, looks like I need to find the 'tunnel' pouch. Thanks for the info and pic's.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 633 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KML:
Here is a modern made one

http://olongapooutfitters.com/...d-stock-pouch-clone/

I've owned a couple pieces of gear from them before. Olongapo makes high quality stuff. And you won't have to worry about the snap scratching up the wood.

(But it's obviously not historically accurate, if that's what you're going for.)