SIGforum
National match trigger group work for M1as

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/8230014174

June 18, 2020, 08:56 PM
markstempski
National match trigger group work for M1as
Several years ago I remember looking for National match trigger groups for my M1as. Hard to find, nasty expensive and I just gave up. I am a sometimes kitchen table gunsmith, but know my limitations, lack of spatial reasoning, hand tremors and increasingly old eyes. Yes I have been to gunsmiths with a bag of parts and a pleading look in my eye more than once. So two things happened recently Fulton armory had NM trigger groups, done. Now I have a spare trigger group what to do? Entered Smith Enterprises. I have long lusted after an SEI Crazy Horse Rifle. They are now offering, probably have been for awhile, parts, services and barreled actions for civilians. First trigger group back, is wonderful, ohmigod great. Gonna send in another and likely another for the boys rifle and to have a spare. There are kits available from other vendors for trigger groups but they are unavailable until after Covid crisis what ever that means. Boys squad needs a unitized gas group, I need a vortex flash hider, the list goes on. Mr Smith a great guy to work with, highly recommended.
June 19, 2020, 10:04 AM
benny6
If you haven't tried it, the Shooting Sight adjustable trigger and speed hammer are amazing. I have two and do install them for customers frequently. The trigger can be adjusted for second stage creep and trigger pull weight.

The geometry on the sear and hooks are also different and the chances of doubling on a trigger set under 4.5 pounds is greatly reduced. On my precision M14, I have the trigger set under 4 pounds and I never double.

On traditional trigger jobs, I set the pull weight down to 5 pounds to allow for spring and part wear. I take out all the second stage creep. On a traditional trigger and hammer, I don't recommend going under 4.5 pounds. If you do, you start getting double fires (bump fires).

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com
June 19, 2020, 12:47 PM
markstempski
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
If you haven't tried it, the Shooting Sight adjustable trigger and speed hammer are amazing. I have two and do install them for customers frequently. The trigger can be adjusted for second stage creep and trigger pull weight.

The geometry on the sear and hooks are also different and the chances of doubling on a trigger set under 4.5 pounds is greatly reduced. On my precision M14, I have the trigger set under 4 pounds and I never double.

On traditional trigger jobs, I set the pull weight down to 5 pounds to allow for spring and part wear. I take out all the second stage creep. On a traditional trigger and hammer, I don't recommend going under 4.5 pounds. If you do, you start getting double fires (bump fires).

Tony.

I tried several times to get ahold of you about these.