SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New Sig belt fed?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig belt fed? Login/Join 
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted
Did I miss this?

https://www.tacticalshit.com/m...sauers-new-belt-fed/

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Full article.
http://soldiersystems.net/2018...d-weapon-candidates/

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lol, the gun may be effective, but the AR stock and tiny AR lower look silly on that big gun.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Lol, the gun may be effective, but the AR stock and tiny AR lower look silly on that big gun.

It's just a trigger housing, why not use an AR grip? No need to reinvent the wheel here.

And yes, the stock may look small, but a gun that big is not going to have a lot of recoil. The fact that it can mount an off-the-shelf AR stock/buffer tube means you can pretty much put anything else on it you want.

A few years ago, when I saw that SIG was testing their 7.62 cans on a couple M240s, I wondered if they might be developing a belt-fed.

Even further back, when I visited them to evaluate the MPX, they asked a few of us what their next development step should be. We gave them two suggestions: 1) Magazine-fed auto-loading shotgun; 2) Belt-fed MG.

I'm also happy to see the MCX-MR out again. It was really the only .308/6.5 DMR platform I really liked, but I hope they're serious about bringing it out commercially--not just teasing it again.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That mcx/mpx picatinney rail stock attachment is just totally out of place on a belt fed. That’s a real WTF design feature.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I checked out out at the AUSA conference in DC. I don't know what it offers that we don't already have in the M240, but if it makes Sig happy then who am I to say anything about it?

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
Why 338 Norma vs 338 Lupua? Lapua is already in inventory. Norma is not. The loggies are gonna be hating.

Posts: 816 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post