SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    FN MINIMI Mk3 butt stock for M249S
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FN MINIMI Mk3 butt stock for M249S Login/Join 
posted
Anyone know how I can get my hands on one of these? The cheekweld on the M249S with the M249-specific ACOG sucks....see below.

FNHUSA said "sorry, doesn't appear to be available."

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 13 M249s with collapsible stocks in my arms room. Unfortunately I can't share with you, my Uncle Sam would be pissed.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
FNHUSA has not been the most forthcoming to end-users with regard to post-purchase support.

You might look at AR style add-on cheekpieces in the meantime.

Also, you might try calling midwest gun works, they seem to have the most in terms of 249 parts. It's a long shot, but sometimes dealers have more pull than individuals.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
would something like this help you change out to a different buttstock that you could add a cheek rest to?

http://www.tradecompany.it/sch...sez=&id_prodotto=452

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I see a few on GB, at least what I think you are looking for. Type in M249 stock

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3599 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
EBRfan, have to ask how does it shoot, looks fantastic.

Remind me can those be fed from a magazine, too?

Hope you find the butt stock you are looking for.

HK Ag

Posts: 3499 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
Alpine Military Concept has one like this, which is probably the closest thing to what you're looking for.

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/for...-other-m249-barrels/

If you want an actual FN Minimi MK3 stock though, you'll likely have to source it from Europe. There's a guy in Belgium by the screen name of PACO on FAL Files that may be able to get one for you.

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for the advice/leads. That one on sturm looks close, but I can't tell if it is height adjustable like the mk3 version. I will check it out further. I'd like to keep it all FN if I can, but it may be tough at this point.

Sadly, I haven't shot it yet. Work keeps getting in the way. But I will be out with it soon. It does feel really well put together though...

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Very cool belt fed. Cool

I hope you can find the stock you are looking for.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck on finding the stock. I've purchased parts and barrels for mine from Alpine...very good pricing and had a lot of unique items (headspace gauge, barrel gauge, etc) to make a complete 249 package.

Get out and shoot it!! While not as fun as its full auto counterpart, the trigger is light enough to make those belts evaporate quickly!

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 668 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post