SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Any Arsenal 107r owners here?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Arsenal 107r owners here? Login/Join 
posted
Curious if there are any 107r owners on the board. I've been thinking about an AK for a while and this seems like the best budget option that isn't range only. Curious about what the thoughts are now that they've been out for a while.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I got out of the AK game a while ago, but this was one of the guns i owned

Arsenal builds excellent guns all around

Overall quality is discernable in finish and fit from "lesser" AKs

All that said, I didn't really notice much difference in accuracy or reliability. Not that mine is a great test group, I certainly didn't torture test it or anything

One thing I liked was that because of the quality of fit and finish, aftermarket items fit more consistently and easily

It's a great gun

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have quite a few arsenal's and all have been excellent. If I was buying an AK that's all I would recommend if your budget allows.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This, being their budget option, is only $850. Doesn't make me feel quite as hurt as the $1k+ variants.

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I bought one on the advice of a friend who collects AK's. Apparently, they've become hard to find lately and prices have shot up. I was happy to get a quality gun for the $749 I paid at the time (early summer). I grabbed some wood for it but sadly have not put it on much less shot the rifle yet. I do have a PBS-1 for it, pending the stamp.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was actually leaning toward either a Zuhkov front or MI long rail and an M4 tube with minimalist stock as my first additions. Lets say I'm not exactly a traditionalist...