SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    EOTech Voucher
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EOTech Voucher Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
I was astonished to receive in today's mail a notice that a settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit involving EOTech, and I have been awarded a voucher towards the purchase of a current Holographic weaons sight or other EOTech product in the amount of $22.50.

I sent in my EOTech unit back when we were all doing that and received their check in full.

I have no need for the voucher. If I can extend the benefit to another, I'm happy to do so.

Let's find out.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I got mine today as well.
It made no mention of what the lawyers made Roll Eyes

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I got mine today as well.
It made no mention of what the lawyers made Roll Eyes

What difference does it make? You can look it up in the court docket if you want to know.

Since I received my purchase price back in full, I am surprised there is any "settlement." I tend to look at this as money found laying in the road..... if it really is. I have no plans to buy anything myself, but maybe someone else can save a few bucks.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of durian
posted Hide Post
Given the small $22.50 amount and the requirement to purchase through eotechgear.com, where each HWS is at MSRP, it's safe to say that it's unlikely anyone taking this offer.

For example, the lowest priced HWS is $459 for a Model 512. One can find that for $380 or less.

Edited to add that there is a rebate going on that can get you $75 off but I'd rather get a HWS from a place <$400 and then apply the rebate and not through the official eotechgear.com site.

Posts: 457 | Location: NoVA | Registered: August 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by durian:
it's safe to say that it's unlikely anyone taking this offer.

Agreed.

What a huge waste of time and paper.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Given the small $22.50 amount and the requirement to purchase through eotechgear.com, where each HWS is at MSRP, it's safe to say that it's unlikely anyone taking this offer.

For example, the lowest priced HWS is $459 for a Model 512. One can find that for $380 or less.

Edited to add that there is a rebate going on that can get you $75 off but I'd rather get a HWS from a place <$400 and then apply the rebate and not through the official eotechgear.com site.

That's what I did not know, the price "on the street." I looked at Cabelas but it doesn't carry the 512, just some souped up variant for $680 or so.

Good to know.

Thanks.

Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
Maybe we can pool all of our vouchers together to buy one sight, and karma it off to a deserving member. Of course, there's probably some bs that says we can't combine the vouchers.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Agreed.

NOT for the lawyers!

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Questions = Harassment
posted Hide Post
I used mine to get a coffee mug.
You enter the voucher as a gift card.

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of durian
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mettlepig:
I used mine to get a coffee mug.
You enter the voucher as a gift card.

You sly dog. Thanks for the heads up. Will save it for when new stuff comes in.

Posts: 457 | Location: NoVA | Registered: August 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Yes they are gift cards, worth $22.50. I received two "vouchers" in the mail for two returned optics.

The website did appear to let me stack the "vouchers" saving me $45 off MSRP, which is not enough to make me bite.

I am actually in the market to buy one. Unfortunately the website list MSRP, so you would have to have several vouchers to make it cheaper than you can get elsewhere.

I imagine if everyone pooled their vouchers together, someone could get a nice optic for cheap. Or donated to a good cause.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I tried to use my voucher in the Eotech online store to buy a water bottle, and it kept rejecting the code. Oh well. I just tossed it.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Used mine for a coffee mug. The last $1.79 the company will most likely ever see from me.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Got a T-shirt. what the heck.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Like getting a shitty gift card to a store you'll never buy from, for a dubious Hallmark holiday.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TooTech:
quote:
quote:

Agreed.

NOT for the lawyers!

Yeah, they are happy with the Martini lunches and such - plus they didn't get paid in worthless coupon cards.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Letranites87
posted Hide Post
Got me a couple of t-shirts. Oh well!

GeorgiaCarry.Org member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 83 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: May 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Do you know if it must be used by the named recipient, or may anyone use it like a gift card?

Works to Farm
Picture of Kyjondeere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Interesting. I tried to use my voucher in the Eotech online store to buy a water bottle, and it kept rejecting the code. Oh well. I just tossed it.

Make sure your putting the code in the gift card section not the discount section. Then enter the code (case sensitive) with the dashes. Finally worked for me.

Posts: 600 | Location: Western KY | Registered: November 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Do you know if it must be used by the named recipient, or may anyone use it like a gift card?

Looks like anyone can use it from what I saw.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post