SIGforum
Ruger Rifle MkII Stock Question

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/8170074664

February 10, 2020, 04:20 PM
wxl
Ruger Rifle MkII Stock Question
Want to replace a Ruger MkII short action stock. Found one online but seller was not able to measure stock to verify if long or short action. Only info he had was screw holes were about 2 3/4" apart. Stock was not available for measuring the length of trigger guard.

Can anyone who has either a short or long action measure the screw spacing to verify if long or short action? I suspect it is a short action.

Thanks
February 11, 2020, 01:48 AM
YellowJacket
I'll get my 270 (long action) out tomorrow and see what info I can give you.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.
February 11, 2020, 09:43 AM
sigfreund
Which screw holes are you referring to?

I don’t have a Ruger Mark II any longer, but I still have an aluminum chassis I used with one chambered for 308 Winchester. The two holes in front of and behind the opening for the trigger mechanism and trigger guard are about 2.55 or 2 5/8 inches apart (center to center). I don’t believe, however, that that dimension would be any different for a long action. The distance between the middle action screw and the forward (angled) bedding screw is about 4 1/4 inches, but I don’t know if that distance would be different for a long action.

I would think that the opening for the magazine in the stock would vary depending upon whether it was a long or short action. The length of the magazine opening in the chassis I have is about 3 1/8 inches.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
February 11, 2020, 07:53 PM
YellowJacket
Like above, the distance center to center of the two screws is 2 5/8".

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.
February 12, 2020, 04:44 AM
wxl
Thanks for info. Seller has pic and eyeballing the screw spacing to the whole length of trigger guard I am estimating it is a short action.