SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Any Experience with Bushnell Elite?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Experience with Bushnell Elite? Login/Join 
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted
I just bought a Ruger Precision Rifle off of a guy in TN. It comes with a Bushnell XRS Elite 4.5-30x50, the few reviews I found seem overwhelmingly positive, and it was over $2000 with the badger rings he put on it, but all the experience I have with Bushnell has been pretty mediocre. Is the elite line worth keeping? Or selling and replacing with something like NF or USO? I basically got the rifle for free with the purchase of the scope ($2000 out the door for the rifle, case, scope, rings, brake, bipod). so if I do sell it, it'll basically be found money.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cmr076,

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the long range course I attended (Accuracy1st), these scopes were on the list of "worth the money". You got a steal of a deal. Shoot it as is and see how you like it before parting it out. Either way, you have a pretty good rifle set up and got an awesome deal.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fgwilliams1:
At the long range course I attended (Accuracy1st), these scopes were on the list of "worth the money". You got a steal of a deal. Shoot it as is and see how you like it before parting it out. Either way, you have a pretty good rifle set up and got an awesome deal.

good to know! Thank you for taking the time to respond. I thought it was a hell of a deal as well. I definitely wasn't in the market for a bolt rifle but couldn't pass this deal up. I figure worst case I dislike the gun, take the scope off, sell the gun and save for a custom rifle. This should be more than adequate for 500-1000, I don't have anywhere to shoot farther than that anyways.

Now I need to find a good throw lever and flip up caps.

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Holy sh!t that's a Hell of a Steal and very nice scope to boot!

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I don't know anything about long range shooting but I do know, what's not broke don't fix it. Try it out and see if you like it, some of the long range shooters use Bushnell about 2% according to Precision Rifle Blog.

PRB

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
It can take a beating and remain optically clear. Good value from the price point. Just a curiosity but does it have the G2 reticle?

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of samnev
posted Hide Post
The XRS Tactical Elite is an excellent scope.

Posts: 1836 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
It can take a beating and remain optically clear. Good value from the price point. Just a curiosity but does it have the G2 reticle?

I think It does. G2 FFP?

├┼┼╕
246R

One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
Got one. Mil turret/Mil reticle/FFP. Like it a lot. The main thing I like is when I go from zero to 8.8 mils, etc., then back down to 5 mils, then back up to 8.8 mils, etc., it hits in the same spot, over and over. Reliable tracking is a big deal to me. Cons would be, no zero stop, and not a single rotation turret, to get from 100 to 1000 yards (ie, have to go around twice to get from zero to nine or ten mil elevation). Neither is a big deal to me, but worth noting.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brother:
Got one. Mil turret/Mil reticle/FFP. Like it a lot. The main thing I like is when I go from zero to 8.8 mils, etc., then back down to 5 mils, then back up to 8.8 mils, etc., it hits in the same spot, over and over. Reliable tracking is a big deal to me. Cons would be, no zero stop, and not a single rotation turret, to get from 100 to 1000 yards (ie, have to go around twice to get from zero to nine or ten mil elevation). Neither is a big deal to me, but worth noting.

They advertise it as having zero stop.

├┼┼╕
246R

One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
quote:

Ahhhhh . . . mine must be old.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
quote:

Ahhhhh . . . mine must be old.

I'm not sure how old mine is. I'll have it Tuesday! Jut talked to my neighbor to sign for it so It's not sitting on my porch all day

├┼┼╕
246R

High Speed Low Drag
Operator in the Innis Mode
Picture of Ke Bo Li
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
I don't know anything about long range shooting but I do know, what's not broke don't fix it. Try it out and see if you like it, some of the long range shooters use Bushnell about 2% according to Precision Rifle Blog.

PRB

full test results are here: http://precisionrifleblog.com/...est-results-summary/

not too shabby

I think the "check engine" light is burned out

Posts: 710 | Location: Portland,OR | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
scope arrived in one piece! It does have zero stop and the G2 DMR reticle. Cant wait to get the gun tonight!

├┼┼╕
246R

One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
Sweet! Enjoy.