SIGforum
Okay, maybe it's time for a Garand, but I have some questions

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/8170061764

March 24, 2020, 08:38 PM
Gene Hillman
Okay, maybe it's time for a Garand, but I have some questions
I'm a reloader and purchased supplies years ago at a lower price. I can reload a 30:06 with a jacketed bullet for about 10 cents. Is new factory 30:06 much higher priced than .308?
Be careful with the factory ammo that you buy in '06. Make sure the powder is the correct speed for the Garand.
March 25, 2020, 03:42 PM
Loswsmith
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
Because if I had it in a caliber I was using...

With that logic, I'm puzzled how the caliber's you are using became the calibers you are using, since at one point you weren't using them, so by your logic you shouldn't be using them. Wink

Because something is in "another caliber" you don't already use, that is reason enough to buy said firearm, for that reason alone. Smile

These people who want to "simplify", narrow down, or eschew new calibers are bonkers. They should be ignored and avoided at all costs. Big Grin

I never EVER claimed sanity.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi
March 25, 2020, 03:44 PM
Loswsmith
quote:
Originally posted by Gene Hillman:
I'm a reloader and purchased supplies years ago at a lower price. I can reload a 30:06 with a jacketed bullet for about 10 cents. Is new factory 30:06 much higher priced than .308?
Be careful with the factory ammo that you buy in '06. Make sure the powder is the correct speed for the Garand.

I know not to use modern .30-06 in the Grarand. Once the CV f'd-upedness is over I'll figure out the price point.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi