SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Favorite low cost plinking optic?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite low cost plinking optic? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
What do you like for a non-competition plinking gun optic. Something like a random 22 used to hit steels of all sizes just for fun.

I'm thinking maybe a Primary Arms red dot? Perhaps a Vortex on sale?

Posts: 17885 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Primary Arms micro red dot or Bushnell TRS-25. That's what I use on my plinkers and range toys.

(Primary Arms has recently expanded into some higher quality red dots at $150-$200, but their basic models are closer to $80.)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
What do you like for a non-competition plinking gun optic. Something like a random 22 used to hit steels of all sizes just for fun.

I'm thinking maybe a Primary Arms red dot? Perhaps a Vortex on sale?

I've been using a Vortex SparcAR on a suppressed AR pistol. It has held zero for many months of banging around inside vehicles and equipment, still on the original battery. They can be found on sale for around $150. It would be great on a 10/22 for plinking steel.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try to grab a Sparc AR with ten PMAGs whenever PSA does their sales.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My vote is for the Primary Arms micro. Have one on a Ruger 10/22 and love it.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
My 22 plinking optic of choice is the Weaver 4x28 rimfire scope. Very clear and it seems to just work on my 10/22s.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redrider1596
posted Hide Post
I have a LNIB Vortex Sparc AR I am willing to sale for $130 shipped. Send me an email.

Ended up finding a good deal on used Aimpoint so I'm not gonna use the Sparc.

Posts: 321 | Location: Rio Grande Valley, TX | Registered: March 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Weaver 4x from the 70s and some cheap variable optics from Simmons & Tasco. My eyes are bad and I can't really use red dots. I do have a Vortex Viper on an M&P, but haven't shot it yet.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
4X Bushnell scope. Cheap and good.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Nikon

Posts: 5134 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw several places that had a Nikon 3 X 9 scope for $99.00 before Christmas. One of them may still have that going on.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
I boungt a AT3 Tactical 2 MO red dot low mount a few weeks ago. For a 10/22 take down non-competition plinking gun for $74.99 on Amazon. So far it working out well.

https://www.amazon.com/AT3-Tac...01M15X4H2?th=1&psc=1

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
Primary Arms 6X rimfire.

It has a reticle with bdc out to 200 yards, a range finder set for bottles, cans and clay pigeons.

Mine has been on my 12 year olds rifle and he hasn't been able to lose zero or break it.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post