SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    PRS shooters: what’s your support bag choice?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PRS shooters: what’s your support bag choice? Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
I’ve been binge watching the videos of the National Rifle League events and have become interested in the all-purpose bags competitors use for shooting from various types of elevated supports and also as rear bags. The most common seem to be Armageddon Gear “Game Changer,” Bison Tactical “Tactical Udder,” and the WeiBad “DRC Fortune Cookie.”

I’m curious what the shooters here prefer: those? Others?

(I found an article describing a couple of polls of PRS and NRL shooters, and the Game Changer seems to be the most popular by far, but I am interested in the membership's views.)

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have used all three. Game Changer. Believe its a better "one" bag solution, prefer its handles over the Fortune Cookie.

GC as a rear bag, two options.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by offgrid:
Game Changer.

Do you have the standard fill or the "Git Lite"?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Game changer & the schmedium. Only two bags I use.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 862 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Game Changer.

Do you have the standard fill or the "Git Lite"?

A friend has the Git Lite in his. I prefer the mass of the standard fill, more stable.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
I prefer the mass of the standard fill, more stable.

That seemed logical when I read about the lighter fill, but I wasn't sure.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

posted Hide Post
PRS, NRL, and other positional-type competitors are learning what bench & F-Class shooters have known for a long time -- heavy bags improve stability. Especially over the past few years, PRS/NRL equipment is getting heavier.

I haven't used the Fortune Cookie. It seems OK, but I think the Game Changer is a better all around design.

For light bags, I tend to use Wiebad's Tac Pad from prone, and their Pump Pillow under my arm for kneeling positions.

The Game Changer is one of the best all-around bags. I need to use it more, especially as a rear bag.

I got Crosstac's Jester bag last year in a match. I spent some time with it over the winter, and I'm liking it for certain smaller barriers. This year I got Warhorse Development's Clede bag in a match. I don't have much time with yet, but it's a nice bag. Similar to a Tactical Udder, but a little smaller and more floppy. Both of these work well for tank traps, from branches, and from thinner barriers.

I have a Tactical Udder -- can't recall if I paid for it or won it. These work better when they're a bit floppy. The ones made from heavy nylon are stiff when new, as mine is. It will take a little more use before my Tactical Udder functions best. The ones made from canvas material are just about right from the get go, but I've heard they get too floppy over time. Tactical Udders work really well on tank traps.

At the recent Craig NRL match, there were two good positional shooters in my squad. Both tended to use a Game Changer up front for positional shots, with the GC bag laid sideways. For the many kneeling positions, they used a Pump Pillow under their trigger arm. Both of them shot really well this way. They shared a smaller rear bag for prone positions. I didn't see the small bag up close, but it was a little smaller than my Tac Pad.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that detailed response, fritz.

6.4/93.6

— Plato