SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Does anyone have the STRELOK Pro app?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone have the STRELOK Pro app? Login/Join 
posted
Looking for reticle/range info on a scope. Primary Arms, 1x6-24 ACSS Predator reticle. Load is Federal Fusion MSR,.300Blk,150 grain, muzzle velocity 1900 FPS, BC .330, 1436 above sea level. If anyone has another recommendation for a scope with a bullet drop reticle for a 300 Blk in the two/three hundred dollar range, I'm open to suggestions. Already have the above scope on a 10.5" 5.56 pistol, and love it. Have only shot out to 100 yards with it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hvyhawler,

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
Info sent.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you again. Just ordered the above scope...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
You're welcome. Should be a good scope, I like the reticle, I may replace my DMS-2 with one.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased the Strelok Pro app in advance of my attendance at Front Sight for their Precision Rifle Course. I liked the app and found it easy to use.

When the class began the instructor recommended the Applied Ballistics calculator. I asked him how the Strelok Pro calculator compared? He said the Strelok Pro was about 1/3rd the price and not as accurate.

I downloaded the Applied Ballistics app and have spent some time with both calculators. I like the Strelok Pro because it's interface is, for me, intuitively direct but I use the Applied Ballistics because the instructor was sold on it.

I've watched the instructor shoot and I'm going to emulate everything he does with the hope I will someday be able to replicate his results.

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve at least 10 ballistic programs including StrelokPro and with the proper inputs, they ALL are within 0.1 mil +/- out to 1200 yards. No program is 100% and that is why, regardless of the program, you verify and then tweak the program to match your actual elevations. The bullet does not lie.

I tell new shooters to use a program that they feel comfortable with. Using an app that is difficult to navigate is frustrating when trying to make corrections or verify inputs. Some apps have better libraries but the information you need for inputs can be found easily. AB has custom drag curves you can purchase but again, the advantage of these is seen more at longer distances and I’ve not found them absolutely necessary to have success.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post